Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » My feedback
  •  
Vektoren

Send a private message to this user
I think Kerio Workspace is a good idea. Here are my points:

+ Add the possibility to export a page to PDF.

+ Add a fast way to add links to other pages. Add a "Create internal link" function to the Link List. Show then a list with all pages, so that the user can choose the destination. Do the same for adding a link inside a "text".

+ Add the possibility to choose the TCP ports while setup. Port 80 and 443 are blocked by other software.

+ Add the possibility to isolate a company, so that user A1 from company A can't share and can't view the users from company B ...

+ Install Java JRE just as an internal component. Now, Java bugs us with every update. I don't think, that this "normal installation" is a good idea. What, if the next java update do not work well with Kerio Workspace??? Better is the "Oracle DB" way: A internal installation from java! There is a new Java update? Fine, that can Kerio test it and release a new patch for Workspace that contained the Java update. What do you think about this? Smile

Just my two cents Smile Ohh, and I hope that Kerio Workspace will not be so expensive Smile Keep the good work!

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2010 18:04]

•  
dvarsam

Send a private message to this user
You mention:

- Add the possibility to isolate a company, so that user A1 from company A can't share and can't view the users from company B ...

Basically this is wrong!
I might have some users in 1 company that I do want them to be able to access specific different companies, as I define them.
I.e.:
When I run the Wizard to create user, I need a dropdown Control which works as "Multi-Combo/MultiSelection".
So, for each user I can define in which companies he is granted access.

Dropdown Control/List Example (it should always contain all Domains I have created):
1. Company 1 <-- Selected
2. Company 2 <-- Not Selected
3. Company 3 <-- Selected

The above means that the User can Access Company 1 & 3 but NOT Company 2.

This is missing also from Kerio Connect, regarding Public Contacts.

I currently have 4 Domains. I want to be able (when I create a new user) to specify on which Public Folder's List the user will be visible. If I exclude the user from Company 2, then his details (like name, email, etc), will be visible only to Companies 1 & 3. In this way, when I rename or delete a user, his data is auto updated across all Public Contact lists.

I don't want to have to maintain a Contact in 4 places overall (1 for each domain)!

And regarding the point where I said "Dropdown Control/List Example (it should always contain all Domains I have created)", you might wonder why list all Domains and NOT exclude the Domain where I created the user...
... well, in regards to Kerio Connect, it is because I might want to create a user, who is NOT EVEN PUBLISHED on its own Domain's Public Contacts List.
(Company CEO might want a hidden/non published E-mail account & NOT an Alias).

Thanks,
dvarsam
Previous Topic: Workspace Client
Next Topic: "Upload an image file" and lnk-file
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 22:49:45 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00371 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.