Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Setting up Kerio Workspace on Ubuntu 10.04 Server 64-bit (Step by step for getting the Kerio Workspace Beta on 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04 Server)
  •  
nate.iris

Send a private message to this user
So I messed around with this for a little while. It's screwy to get up and running on Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit, but in the end not too difficult.

To get the Sun Java packages, you need to add the following to your "/etc/apt/sources.list"

deb archive.canonical.com lucid partner
# you should put an http colon slash slash in front of archive.canonical.com. the forum won't let me since it thinks that I "...cannot use links until [I] have posted more than 5 messages."

and then install the following packages (since Kerio Workspace is 32-bit only for now):

ia32-libs
sun-java6-jre
ia32-sun-java6-bin

then install the Kerio .deb. You'll need to use the --force-architecture switch to get it installed:

dpkg -i --force-architecture <kerio_workspace_deb>

Kerio Workspace will install, but fail to start, since it's looking in the wrong place for the JVM. So, edit your "/etc/init.d/kerio-workspace-application" file (on line 26 insert a new line, just after "$WORKSPACE_JAVA \")

/usr/lib/jvm/ia32-java-6-sun \

i also did a `update-alternatives --config java` and selected the ia32 version as my primary jvm, don't know if that's necessary or not.

Kerio Workspace should start correctly now. Just do a:

/etc/init.d/kerio-workspace-application start

Nathan Wittstock
Iris Pro Services
  •  
Marc Mongcal

Any luck on Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit server?
  •  
nate.iris

I've not tried it, and probably won't have a chance to anytime soon. I'm guessing that the process is similar to the above, but with:

deb archive.canonical.com natty partner

...added to your "/etc/apt/sources.list". also, remember there's an http colon slash slash in front of that archive.canonical.com, but the forum won't let me type it.

Nathan Wittstock
Iris Pro Services
  •  
harveydov

This will no longer work now that Oracle owns java. Java can no longer be installed from a repro.

Any one have any ideas now?
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Hi,

JRE is bundled in Kerio Workspace since version 1.1
You can install Workspace using switch --force-architecture and it should work (I just tried it in Ubuntu 8.04 x64).
But note that 64-bit Linux isn't tested/supported configuration yet.

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.
  •  
flaufer

Jaromir Obr (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 28 February 2012 11:13
Hi,

JRE is bundled in Kerio Workspace since version 1.1
You can install Workspace using switch --force-architecture and it should work (I just tried it in Ubuntu 8.04 x64).
But note that 64-bit Linux isn't tested/supported configuration yet.

Jaromir,

I am wondering whether this would also work for 64bit-Centos-6 (or any other .rpm-based 64bit install). I'm running Connect on 64bit Centos and am very happy with it... now the question comes up how I can add workspace onto the same machine without virtualization.

I'll maybe try this in the coming days...

I'm hoping that you will strongly consider supporting 64bit platforms soon.

Felix

Previous Topic: Kerio Workspace 2.0.0 Beta 3 is ready for beta testing!
Next Topic: iPhone usage
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 06:13:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00460 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.