Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mail box share among users (Share mailbox how?)
  •  
Silent

Send a private message to this user
Hi all

I just have a simple question, what is the easiest way to share a mailbox among users?

Let us say I have service<_at_>mycompany.dk and more than one user should be able to send/receive from that mail.

Users should still have their own email address, example:
user1<_at_>mycompany.dk
user2<_at_>mycompany.dk
user3<_at_>mycompany.dk

And still be able to send/receive from service<_at_>mycompany.dk
But before I can share service<_at_>mycompany.dk to other users, I have to setup a client (MS Outlook) or use the webmail interface and then share it.

Is it not possible to create an email address without to having setup Outlook or using the webmail, but just attached the mail directly to other users?

This link explain what I have done to share a mailbox
manuals.kerio.com/kmsug/en/sect-koffolders.html

And it is annoying that I have to select every folder which all other users should have access to, is there not an easier way to do that?

But still I am not satisfied, be cures if I have shared service@mycompany.dk to user1@mycompany.dk and user1 will reply to a message received from service@mycompany.dk then user1 will use his own email and not service@mycompany.dk how can I setup so it is possible for user1 so reply from service<_at_>mycompany.dk ?

I have read the manual from Chapter 25 Folder Administration
And also used Google but I am not able to find any information which could help me.

I am running on Kerio Connect 7.1.1

Any help much appreciated

Best Regards
Martin
  •  
marook

Why don't you just add the second account to the users that need it?
That's what we do (on OS X Mail)

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
blackbox

You're not able to add multiple accounts to Outlook as easily as you're able to with Mail.app.

You'd probably be able to finagle something involving multiple Outlook profiles, but it won't be as elegant as what you're probably looking for.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 October 2010 19:43]

•  
Silent

Thanks for the reply's

marook what do you exactly mean?

Blackbox, I know what you meaning and it is not an option to add multiple accounts in Outlook I already know Smile

The solution which I looking for is similar to MS Exchange when sharing a mailbox around users.
This is done by Active Directory, and grant access to a given user so this user can send mails on behalf, and then just add the mailbox.
In this situation I don't need to share a mailbox first in outlook before a user can access it.

img833.imageshack.us/img833/9052/faqmsoladditionalmailbo.jpg
just add http for the link above.

The reason I ask is be cures I don't want to use time to "mount" a mailbox which have to been shared in Outlook before users can have access to it.
Previous Topic: SPAM Problems
Next Topic: iCal, no names in delegation
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 12:53:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00523 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.