Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2007 hangs when connected to KOC
  •  
RoboScorpion

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I wonder if anyone could offer some advice...

My Outlook 2007 has recently started to hang when I start it. It is using KOC version 6.5.1 (build 6098) and connecting to Kerio Mail Server of the same version/build.

I can access my mailbox via the Webmail interface without any problems and I've removed a few thousand messages from various folders in the hope that it would clear the problem.

Sadly nothing I do seems to help.

I have used Outlook on this machine but connected to a different User account and the application doesn't hang at all, so I can only assume there is a problem with MY mail messages/folders/indexes.

I have enabled KOC debugging but there are no useful messages recorded at all.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions! Sad

Thanks in advance!
  •  
mrralan

Probably not the answer you want to hear but when this has happened in the past, I just created a new profile. Yea, you will need to adjust your settings in Outlook again but sometimes it's faster than trying to figure out what is happening.
  •  
RoboScorpion

Well, I tried creating a new profile but that didn't help.

I ended up having to delete the user, after first taking copies of all existing messages.

Not very good, really!
  •  
Hanzales

I'm having exactly the same problem.
Current version of Kerio connector: 7.1.2.2260 T0 (about kerio outlook connector).
Outlook 2007 version: (12.0.6539.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6545.5004)

Mostly Outlook start completly for the third time. Moving emails to different folders takes much longer then under web-based app. (Outlook bscly hangs for a while) Whenever an email arrives, everything hangs for 5-10 seconds (even writting email). I have also cleaned my "kerio account" keeping a few folders, no more then one sub-folder and old emails was archived into a file and removed from server. The same it was with older version of KOC.
Our server is located at providers housing and we are on optics... so as I said web-based access or Thunderbird are wery smooth without lock ups. My PC is clean by the way and I've also tried comletly remove AVG antivirus for a while, just to be sure (disabling sometime not helps)
I'm going into reinstalling Windows anyway soon (W7x64-prof. b.t.w.) and I'll let you know in case something will change ;o)
PS: sorry for my english.
EDIT: Turning off SSL connection (changing port from 443 to 80) didn't help either. Other then that Outlook is mostly on basic settings. Considering exactly the same issues having all our hard-workers, problem must be definitelly at Outlook side, because in all cases thunderbird or kerio webmail works very fine.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 December 2010 19:30]

•  
zebby

Anyone using Sophos AV on the client machine?
Previous Topic: Export emails from thunderbird to kerio
Next Topic: Outlook autocomplete and NK2 files
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 01:49:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00581 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.