Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Asterisk = no SLA
  •  
vkeven

Send a private message to this user
Hi , just discovered Kerio Operator , really great move from Kerio , but there is a BIG BUT , its look like the product is based on Asterisk , if this is true the product will scale bad over 75 users and the most used function in small business will never be available and this function is named SLA or Shared Line appearance , almost every SMB used a key system and they all want to put someone on hold at one phone and retreive the same call on another phone just by pressing the corresping line ( key system ) , forget about retreiving the call with some obscur **8# not ending function because people hate to do this , Freeswitch would be a really better product to begin with, Polycom should be at top of the list for phone support , the company is almost the only one with good conference phone , Cisco and Avaya use it for their conference phone with only rebranding on it
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Thanks for your input. Our experience is that Asterisk scales well with appropriate HW.

Vladimir
  •  
vkeven

Hi Vladimir , do you support SLA ?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

We don't support SLA.

Vladimir
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

This performance test is from 2008 but I believe it still has some validity. They were able to handle 100 calls per 1 GHz of CPU power with G.711 and no transcoding on a quad-core Xeon.

Vladimir
  •  
vkeven

I know all those test Vladimir , I had some production systems with Asterisk 2 years ago and there are no longer in place because they could not delivered what SMB want , working BLF , Working SLA and stability , the SLA point is ALWAYS forget by all PBX new comer and one day or another they need to face the fact than SMB want this because their old Nortel,Panasonic systems always had it , check forum of Asterisk,3CX,Sipx anyone you want and there is non ending discussion about this subject in all of those forums , the problem is that Asterisk is trying to do that for the last 3-4 years without any success.

Vladimir I'm a Kerio reseller , at least 4 customers without checking deeper would be interest by Kerio Operator but without SLA this will never happen
  •  
wvroger

Asterisk does support BLF and SLA.. I have been deploying * servers for the past 5 years and have several customers with over 100 extensions in a high volume environment spanning multiple locations connected via IAX2 trunks with DUNDI routing.
  •  
centra_Dave

same as wvroger....LOTS of asterisk installs with BLF and high user counts..
we don't use SLA and see that more as a Training issue rather than useability.
Education is the key here..not features.
  •  
matthealey

Spoken like a true sales guy.

This is why normal people get annoyed with technology. Phones have been working a certain for decades. It's been thought through, it's been refined and polished. It works.

Then voip comes along and all the IT guys jump up and say, hey we can do phones now!

SLA is what customers want. To ignore that and say "my way is better" is just ignorant.
  •  
centra_Dave

Not a sales guy...I am a tech and I have had feet in both IT and Telecoms for a number of years.
the SLA argument is easily combated via call park and BLF hints for parking lots.
I have never lost an install over SLA.
I agree that SLA has been around for ever on Key systems, but show me a LARGE deployment with 30+ lines that uses SLA.....

The Concept of 'Lines' goes out the window.
Previous Topic: Won't boot on Parallels
Next Topic: Operator Setup as SaaS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 12:35:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.