Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Multiple Nics (Routing issue)
  •  
itg-ks

Send a private message to this user
I have a NIC on a public IP and one on a private IP. I can only get it to use one default gateway. This would be fine except I am testing through a VPN and from an external client. Only one of these can be active at a time. Is there a way to add static routes or make the Gateways stick?
  •  
centra_Dave

you could ssh into your box and add the routes.

edit: I should clarify...

the file you would need to edit is /var/operator/running/interfaces.conf

The Below is something like you are probably after...

auto eth0 eth1

iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.2
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.1.0
        broadcast 192.168.1.255
        gateway 192.168.1.254
        # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed

iface eth1 inet static
        address 172.20.10.1
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        broadcast 172.20.10.255
        gateway 172.20.10.254

# static route
       up route add -net 172.20.11.0/16 gw 172.20.10.254 dev eth1

but I imagine that if you change the interface details through the operator interface, it would overwrite any changes that you make in this file.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2010 06:13]

•  
itg-ks

I had considered that, and will give it a shot. Thanks. I was a bit concerned that there might be another process at work behind the scenes and any changes I made via shell would end up with the same results.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

It's not possible to add static routes. Do you expect this is a thing people might want to do frequently?

If you change the config files manually, they will be overwritten with the next change in the Admin GUI.

Vladimir
  •  
itg-ks

I would think it would be necessary for companies that put this on a box with multiple nics. For instance if I require my users to vpn to access email and file shares but not to use voip, this won't work.
  •  
Juan G Suarez

I have the same need, my sip provider authenticates by IP address is not necessary username and password, therefore I have a NIC to it and configure the gateway, then to another NIC with my LAN private IP, my internal users but everything works fine for incoming calls, but for exits fails to not configure the gateway of my LAN.

I have my SIP provider in colombia with UNE telecomunicaciones, who can help me how I can correct this problem, thank you
Previous Topic: Change auto provisioning config
Next Topic: Configuring Persistent static route in Kerio Operator
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 20:19:29 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.