Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » BES and KBC data sizes
  •  
nhoague

Send a private message to this user
Does anyone know what the Kerio Blackberry Connector store.fdb file contains?

I have (am) testing 6 blackberry devices on my BES and the BESMgmt.mdf is only 102MB. However, the KBC store.fdb file is 1.3GB.

Can anyone explain the difference? Where does the Blackberry device backup information go? Is it ok to routinely empty the cache (store.fdb)?

Thanks.
  •  
nhoague

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Store.fdb contains user data for all user account synchronized with BES server (and therefore synchronized between BES and BlackBerry devices). It is not good idea to clear or remove this file.
I can't answer questions about BES configuration or function. I recommend to send the question to RIM.
  •  
nhoague

Ok, so then am I understanding this right ... the store.fdb for KBC creates a "mirror" of that users KC mailbox? If so, what "would" happen if I were to stop the BAS service and repair (empty the cache) the KBC? Would it then rebuild all the users on the BES?

If this is correct, then I need to account for mailbox sizes of all BES users, therefore requiring a couple hundred GB for my 60 users?
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

store.fdb in KBC contains just mail not older than 60 days (default value, it depends on your settings of KBC) + complete groupware. So it shouldn't contain complete mirror of Connect mailboxes of BES users.

If you remove this file (manually or by Repair in Profile Configuration utility), it will be really rebuild. However it can sometimes cause some issues in BES (unfortunatelly BES put some configuration data in hidden messages of user's mailbox).

More, in future KBC 7.2, you need to set synchronized folders in BAS or Web Desktop Manager again after removing KBC database.

In other words, removing store.fdb is not recommended. If you have some synchronization issue, wipe the device or remove and add the user is better idea.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
Previous Topic: Nokia Mail for Exchange don't sync all contatct
Next Topic: Barracuda Archiver
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:46:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00386 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.