Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Dialing Rules/Patterns
  •  
DonMiguel

Send a private message to this user
Does Kerio Operator support dialing rule patterns for outbound trunks? Our SIP Provider requires E.164 format for outbound calls and we want to have 7,10 and international calls routing to different trunks. We currently run Asterisk which supports such things, but I'm not having any luck in Kerio...

[Updated on: Fri, 15 October 2010 19:24]

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

After you create rules for incoming and outgoing rules using the wizard, you can add other prefixes for outbound calls and thus create exceptions, for example for international calls. You will need to set the number rewriting rules manually for the new prefix. See the attached picture for a simple example.

Does this answer your question?

Vladimir

index.php?t=getfile&id=2056&private=0

•  
DonMiguel

Correct my if I'm wrong, but doesn't that force end-users to input outbound codes for each outbound trunk to use? If so, maybe your end-users are smart enough for that, but some that I deal with don't have enough sense to check if their machines are plugged in if they don't power up. We need dummy-proofing!

What we have with Asterisk is transparent to the end user. For instance, the end user dials 9 to reach an outside line and can dial both 7 digits (for local calls) or 10 digits (for long distance) and are able reach their destinations. In the background the system can tell if they dialed 9+XXX-XXXX or 9+XXX-XXX-XXXX or even 9+1+XXX-XXX-XXXX and thus route the call to whichever trunk would be required to complete the call (all three can use the same outbound trunk leaving only international calls routing over other paths).

Last thing an end-user wants to do is figure out which prefixes are needed for each path. Really hoping there's a way to do this! (or see an example of it in use like this cause I'm just not seeing it)

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

In my example above, I assume that you will only tell your users one dial-out prefix: 9. If it is an international call (using "011" as the US access code for international calling), the dialed string will match the string "9011" because it is more specific and the call will be sent via "Voicepulse". Otherwise, the dialed string will match the shorter prefix 9 and the call will be sent to "sipgate".

Vladimir

Previous Topic: RPM
Next Topic: Won't boot on VitualBox
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 17:23:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.