Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » can two KC7 servers be synchronized with each other? (trying to enable clients to use local servers when switching locations)
  •  
playersons

Send a private message to this user
I have a client who is from time to time attending an exhibition (location B) where we are trying to replicate his infrastructure (from location A), since he needs to move most of the resources for the period in question.
We have configured his mail clients to access the KC server at his original office location (A) which was no problem, except for the low bandwith available there. Now that we have DNS entries (forward and reverse) for his two additional lines at the trade show, we switched the clients to use a local SMTP (B) instead of connecting to remote office location (A), which works fine so far.

What would be great now is, if there was any way to get the mailstores of the two servers get synchronized by Kerio itself frequently, so that the clients at both locations could use their corresponding IMAP/Exchange account wherever they happen to be while switching locations with mobile devices.

I could not find any such feature in docs or the KC console, so I figure there might be none. If so, what would be the next appropriate approach for a solution? Does anyone out there have any experience with a similar setup?

Thanks for sharing,

playersons
  •  
gbrown100

Why are you not just connecting to Location A with the client?
  •  
playersons

I explained it in my original post: it's a bandwith problem. The large IMAP and Exchange accounts are causing heavy traffic on the line.

playersons
  •  
TorW

If the bandwitdth's too low for a number of ActiveSync and IMAP clients to access the mailserver (they have negligible bandwidth needs), it will likely be too low to sync two mailservers (with rsync) with any sort of useful frequency. Are the users complaining that mail access is slow, or is the bandwitdth in fact ridiculously low?
  •  
gbrown100

Ok, well actually you didn't really make that clear. My next question, what is the difference between one guy picking up exchange emaill using koff across the saturated line and you synchronizing the whole mail datastore across the line?

If this truly is for one person you have 3 options:

1. Give him a second pop3 connection to the same server account directed to the location a server, sync before he leaves and see if that helps.

2. Get a better Internet pipe in location a

3. Use a 3rd party hosted server (although this will likely not help when at location a)

I don't see Kerio providing any other solution here since the problem is your Internet pipe.
  •  
elias

If you're really that bandwidth starved and if its just temporary for the duration of the trade show, then just have him use webmail. It may not be ideal, but its easy and works.

-Elias
Previous Topic: Moving Server Hardware
Next Topic: Kerio Carddav contacts sync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 03:12:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00400 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.