Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio Control Software Appliance and motherboard Intel D510MO (problem - no bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key)
  •  
arsik

Send a private message to this user
After installing "Kerio Control Software Appliance" on board "Intel D510MO" system will not boot. The following error "no bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key". (version 7.0.1 and 7.1.0b)
Help solve the problem.
  •  
jslh

Forget it! I tried long ago. Below is the answer from Kerio Support;

" Kerio Control Software Appliance is based on BusyBox. Unfortunately, it causes that some hardware is not supported. We are trying to add support for new hardware to new versions of Software Appliance. Unfortunately, I'm not able to tell you when this motherboard may be supported. "

Second response;

" Unfortunately, Kerio Control Software Appliance are not using the latest version of BusyBox. I created a new suggestion to support Intel Desktop Board D510MO motherboard to our suggestion database. We will inform you when the support will be added.
"

Regards,

•  
ICT and Me

It looks for me that the I/O chip for SATA controller isn't supported. Could it be that there is a possible RAID function on this board and enabled. Because i haven't any problems with the latest boards except when ICH RAID is enabled.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
nhoague

I was able to successfully boot with this MOBO. You will need version 501, but you must upgrade your BIOS sequentially to the current version.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&D wnldID=19471&ProdId=3196&lang=eng

Good luck.
  •  
buggs1a

I have same issue on my velocity micro mx225 but don't know what mobo it has. Sata raid is off too.
  •  
bigmountain

I just resolved this boot issue for buggs1a. In his particular case, the Kerio install didn't assign the boot flag to the boot volume, which is needed for some Intel boards/BIOS. This is less and less of a problem nowadays, but for some BIOS, the boot flag is needed. So, download the Ubuntu LiveCD and boot from it. Use the gparted application located under the System Tools under Applications. Highlight the sda1 partition and in the menu, go to Partition->Manage Flags. Check the boot flag and close the window. Click Apply and quit the app. Shut down and remove your cd. Power back up and it should boot into Kerio Connect with no problem.

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
Previous Topic: Preformance problem Appliance
Next Topic: Static dhcp ip in dmz
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 09:55:54 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00461 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.