Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » DROID X (and new Adroid 2.2) Corpotate Sync workaround (still bugs) (DROID X (and new Adroid 2.2) Corpotate Sync workaround (still bugs))
  •  
Myteksolutions

Send a private message to this user
For everyone having issues with using the Droid X and newer 2.2 Android phones on Kerio, here's the workaround fix below. I called Kerio and the guy pointed me to this and it works! I've been messing with Touchdown and all other apps, but this doesn't need all that. --- This still has issues, see my post below (updated 11/10/10)

It's listing in Aricle 547 on Kerio's site. Hope it helps you guys out. Razz

Problem:

User has a device that is not supported by Kerio MailServer and would like to have an email connection via ActivSync.

Solution:

Stop the Kerio MailServer.
Locate the mailserver.cfg file, edit this file with a text editor;

Search for the following variable
<variable name="AllowUnsupportedDevices">0</variable>

Change the value from a '0' to a '1'
<variable name="AllowUnsupportedDevices">1</variable>

Save the change and restart the Kerio MailServer.

*Please note that by allowing unsupported devices, Technical Support may not be able to help with any issues that occur with the unsupported device.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

The default location of the 'mailserver.cfg' file is;

Windows
C:\Program Files\Kerio\MailServer

Mac
/usr/local/kerio/mailserver

Linux
/opt/kerio/mailserver

[Updated on: Mon, 22 November 2010 16:31]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It is not a fix but it is a workaround for connecting unsupported and untested device to Kerio Connect.
  •  
Myteksolutions

Sorry, it's a workaround fix. Seems to be working fine on my device now. I'm sure the next release will have an official fix.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 October 2010 04:18]

•  
Trent Greenawalt

2.2 will fully support the Corporate Sync of the Droid X, once you do the above fix. I thought that most of us had already done the unsupported device fix since that has been out for over a year for the original droid. However, the droid X with 2.1 on it did not in fact sync with kerio correctly. Now it does, though not fully supported by kerio to my knowledge.

Happy droiding,
Trent Greenawalt

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
mrralan

This workaround doesn't solve all the issues. Contacts still do not sync properly and reliably.
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Please give me an example of what is going on there? Both of my droid x users are reporting successful contacts sync from both gmail and corporate sync. I know there are some initial sync issues, but I though that was resolved. If they don't sync, open them up and put a "period" (dot) in one of the unused fields. This will force a sync. After that you should be good to go. I guess that is only a problem is you have 1000 contacts:( I had to do this with a users whole calendar once on a BB storm. Pain in the you know what. THe refresh calendar didn't work and the user didn't want to lose his items on the handhelds catalog.

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
mrralan

Corporate contacts sometimes disappear. Also, the details were mixing with Gmail contacts. The problems are sporatic. We have hundreds of corporate contacts.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 October 2010 21:37]

•  
Myteksolutions

Well, I guess the "workaround fix" isn't recommend. I've been testing it for a few weeks now and having the following issues:

1. Contacts are disappearing, showing up with email addresses only.
2. Email sync just spins and locks up. Isn't pushing currently.
3. Calendar doesn't sync correctly all the time.

2 out of 3 users are having issues. However, the 3rd user is working fine.

So, I'm using google to sync contacts for now (imported my outlook into google mail), and IMAP for email. The calendar seems to be working on my device so that's the only "corporate" option I'm using.
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

So where does Kerio stand on this issue? I have two droid x users and they haven't reported issues like that to me yet, and I have two droid x on the way for my upper management guys. I really hope that this phone is fully supported soon or we may have to look to alternatives.

Trent Greenawalt
  •  
Myteksolutions

I haven't heard any updates. This is a major problem with my clients. I've been promising people it will work soon hoping Kerio can fix this. The Droid 2 and X phones are selling like crazy, and I'm surprised they haven't nailed this down. I'm willing to beta test or whatever, because I'm catching a lot of shit from my clients because of it. MS Exchange is working fine with them, so it doesn't help when I'm pushing Kerio.
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

Well I setup my own Droid X yesterday, and honestly it didn't really work at all at first. The email synced one time, but then stopped shortly their after. The calendar didn't sync nor did my contacts. So I was pretty upset initially.

However, I had my kerio account still syncing with my old droid at this point. So I reset the droid x back to defaults and tried a different account.

This was a little more promising, the email, contacts and calendar synced initially, but once again the email stopped after a little while. This user had a droid, but we had reset that to default settings in order to give to someone else prior to making the switch. So almost a success but not quite.

So I reset the droid x back to defaults, went into Kerio admin and removed all devices from the user -> status .> mobile devices and then setup it back up to sync again..This time all worked and is still working.

The only downfall right now is that emails don't come in quickly, you have to force a sync to get emails on the fly. The only setting on the droid x for emails is every 15 minutes, this is entirely too long to have a conversation.

I will keep an eye on it and see if any other issues come up.

PS So did anyone try installing the certificate from kerio to make things run smoother? RIght now we hit to disregard certificate checking, and it still seems to work.

Trent Greenawalt
  •  
mrtheferrett

FWIW: I've tried Corporate Sync with the latest version of Kerio Connect and it still doesn't work properly. I've tried Touchdown and didn't like the fact that I have to go through all kinds of gymnastics to access each separate Kerio email account I use.

The best solution I've found is "Improved Email" by mtwebster. It allows me to sync all my mail accounts and contacts. Sync is virtually immediate so I'm getting my emails in a timely fashion.

Of all the email programs I've tried (many), this one is hands down the best in my experience.

I'm not the author of the app, nor a paid spokesperson, just a really satisfied user.

EDIT: I'm doing this without paying Verizon the extra cost for corporate connectivity. The app works just fine on the 'basic' plan.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 November 2010 05:26]

•  
Myteksolutions

Nice find! I've been using it since you posted this and it works flawlessly.

It's a shame Kerio hasn't even put something out yet, and we have to use third party apps. I've been getting bitched at by my clients because of this and no one seems to give a ****. It's been months since the phone came out, come on guys.
  •  
Myteksolutions

mrtheferrett wrote on Sun, 21 November 2010 23:24
FWIW: I've tried Corporate Sync with the latest version of Kerio Connect and it still doesn't work properly. I've tried Touchdown and didn't like the fact that I have to go through all kinds of gymnastics to access each separate Kerio email account I use.

The best solution I've found is "Improved Email" by mtwebster. It allows me to sync all my mail accounts and contacts. Sync is virtually immediate so I'm getting my emails in a timely fashion.

Of all the email programs I've tried (many), this one is hands down the best in my experience.

I'm not the author of the app, nor a paid spokesperson, just a really satisfied user.

EDIT: I'm doing this without paying Verizon the extra cost for corporate connectivity. The app works just fine on the 'basic' plan.

Also, the EMAIL icon changed to a blueish icon in your applications. So you have to use that one to find your email! Thanks again mrtheferrett you saved me a lot of getting bitched at.
mrtheferrett

I'm glad you guys are liking it. It's so nice to find an app that "just works". Tell your friends and post it everywhere. Way too many people are having this problem and this is a great solution.

IMHO: I don't think the issue lies with Kerio's implementation of Active Sync. I think it's related to how Android works with it as opposed to 'pure' Exchange transactions.
Previous Topic: Double attachment size sitting in queue
Next Topic: Apple Mail Attachments not showing up on other end
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:55:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00537 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.