Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Using linksys spa3102 (How to configure linksys spa3102)
  •  
mohinder

Send a private message to this user
Dear all,

it is posible to connect linksys spa3102 for outgoing calls,

Regards,
Mohinders
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

We currently do not support SPA3102 in automatic phone provisioning but you can configure it manually and then it should work without problems.

Vladimir
  •  
googleice

Dear Sir,

Thank you for replying.

i am new for this system please guide me how i do this.

i am very greatfull to you.

Thanks,
Mohinder
Googleice
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

First, configure an extension in Operator and set some SIP password for it.

Then, when configuring the SIP phone, use the chosen extension number as both the User ID and Authentication ID. Also set the SIP password in the phone.

Vladimir
  •  
macinfosys

I see how to configure a SPA3102 as a ext for a phone connected, what I am trying to do is configure the PSTN side ( an analog line ) of the SPA3102 as an outgoing call route and to accept calls from the analog side. Tried all the logic setting but nothing seems to be working, any suggestions or guides.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

The analog port on ATA devices is of the FXS type. In order to be able to receive calls from the analog line, you need a SIP-to-FXO gateway.

Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_exchange_station for explanation of FXS vs. FXO.

Vladimir
  •  
macinfosys

The SPA3102 has both, One RJ-11 POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) FXS port to connect an existing analog phone or fax machine and One PSTN FXO port to connect to a Telco or PBX circuit. We currently use it on a TrixBox setup for connection to an analog phone line along with an standard single line phone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10027/index.html

We have implemented this at other sites that are currently using a Vonage service and this would be a show stopper for us to implement if we cannot do this using Kerio.

Any input or changes to next rev to allow for this would be great.

Please Advise.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

I guess it should be possible to configure a SIP interface on Operator so that it will send and receive calls from the device. Does the SIP stack in the device behave as any other SPA phone?

Vladimir
  •  
macinfosys

I don't know how the SIP stack behaves, but I know in TrixBox I config it similar to any other SIP Trunk.

Sample TrixBox config ( yes I know insecure but all on protected network )

PEER Details:
canreinvite=no
context=from-pstn
host=10.20.30.211
insecure=very
nat=no
port=5061
qualify=yes
type=peer

USER Details:
canreinvite=no
context=from-pstn
host=10.20.30.211
insecure=very
nat=no
port=5061
type=user
  •  
pechan

Hi, Did you ever get the Linksys Spa3102 to work with operator?
  •  
macinfosys

pechan wrote on Wed, 02 February 2011 15:10
Hi, Did you ever get the Linksys Spa3102 to work with operator?

Nope. I never heard back from Kerio on any kind of help or suggestion on getting it to work. Sad

I am hoping they are still working on either a solution or can offer some suggestions on how to do it. I have documented all I can on what we have normally done for a setup on our current Trixbox system.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

If you want to use the SPA3102 for outbound calls to PSTN, the right solution wouldbe to configure a new SIP interface in Operator and set the SPA's address and the proxy address for that interface.

The other question is, how to configure the SPA to send incoming PSTN calls to Operator. After reading the manual ( http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/ata/ad ministration/guide/ATA_AG_v3_NC-WEB.pdf) for some time, I think you need to tweak the dial plan and gateway accounts on the Line page (pp. 160-180).

How many SPA3102 owners are there among Operator users?

Vladimir
  •  
Eraser

I am a SPA3102 owner as well....

If there is another box that will work instead of, I will be happy to go to that one.. The issue is we need a box such as the SPA3102.... Anything to fill in the gap?

I haven't been able to make it work either.. Am currently going back over the manual.
  •  
slimtec

I want to also use a number of these devices and would love to have provisioning profiles added to kerio operator.
Previous Topic: Voicemail
Next Topic: automatic provisioning problems of Snom 821,870
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 13:12:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00528 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.