Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Help needed ! Network configuration for Kerio Control ? (Help needed to configure network to use with Kerio control)
  •  
aweb

Send a private message to this user
Hi there !

i would highly need some help to configure my network settings to use Kerio Control Confused

So here is the network scheme : Modem <--> Windows Server 2008 (2 LAN cards) <--> Router WiFi <--> PCs connected with WiFi

- The modem (LAN IP : 192.168.1.1) is connected to the Windows Server 2008.

- Serveur W2008 : First LAN Card is connected to the Modem, and second LAN Card is connected to the WiFi Router. internet connection is configured using PPPoE. this part works.
Un ipconfig on the server gives :

Card PPP connexion haut d├ębit neufBox
Adress IPv4 : 93.25.207.47
Mask : 255.255.255.255

Card ethernet Connexion to local network 2 : (connected to the WiFi Router)
Adress IPv4 : 192.168.2.50 (adresse fixe)
Mask : 255.255.255.0
gateway : empty

Card ethernet Connexion to local network : (connected to the modem)
Adress IPv4 : 192.168.1.50 (adresse fixe)
gateway : empty

- Router WiFi Linksys (192.168.2.1) with activated DHCP and WiFi

- PC with WiFi connected to the Router, browser configured to use Windows server as PROXY (192.168.2.50)
Ipconfig on PC gives :
Card ethernet Connexion wireless
Adress IPv4 : 192.168.2.51
Gateway : 192.168.2.51

That's all I have done as settings for now.

PROBLEM : PCs do not get internet connection, nor can ping the Windows Server.

What to do ? Do i need to define routes ? on which machines ? What routes ? I am actually a beginner for that and not sure at all how routes work ...

thanks for your help !
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

aweb wrote on Mon, 25 October 2010 18:12

Ipconfig on PC gives :
Card ethernet Connexion wireless
Adress IPv4 : 192.168.2.51
Gateway : 192.168.2.51

You can't set default gateway to the PC itself. Default gateway on computers in LAN should be 192.168.2.50. That's basic routing.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
Kris

I your wifi router is indeed a ROUTER and not an access point

the problem also is that you use the same subnet on your wifi network as you use between you Kerio Control machine and the wifi ROUTER.

in that case the default gateway should be 192.168.2.1 on the PC's

i suggest to use an other subnet between Kerio Control machine and your wifi router.
Previous Topic: Problems with USB Modem Interface
Next Topic: CPU load at 100% when copying files to or from Winroute
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 00:37:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00342 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.