Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Telephony card
  •  
elied

Send a private message to this user
What is a telephony card?
Is it a Modem?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

You might probably use the term "modem" but we prefer to call them "cards". Right now, we support Digium TE122 and B410P.

Vladimir
  •  
michel2506

Will other cards be supported than the two mentioned?

And is it possible that other cards that are not officially supported will work?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

We plan to support the analog Digium cards. Support for additional cards depends on what drivers are needed in the OS kernel and we will consider support for more cards based on what we hear from our customers.

Regarding your second question, maybe older Digium cards that are similar to the supported two would work as well but it is really difficult to tell.

Vladimir
  •  
pieter@mgfx.co.za

Yes we would also like to see support for analogue cards.

Thanks!
  •  
gpubit

Is there an ETA on when you will support at least one Analog card? This is the main factor preventing us from using and reselling your solution.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Would these customers be willing to pay for Digium analog cards? Or would they rather go for something less expensive? An alternative to having a built-in card would be to identify and recommend some smaller analog-to-SIP gateway boxes.

Vladimir
  •  
gpubit

Yes they would be willing to pay for the Digium cards but if there is an analog to SIP box that works let me know what those are to look at them. I have never heard of those devices.
  •  
gpubit

Obviously our preference is still to be able to purchase a Digium analog card and install it in the server rather than have another box / adapter. Do you have any sort of ETA on adding that support to Kerio?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

The support for analog Digium cards did not make it into the plan for version 1.1, so it had been moved to 1.2 (beginning of 2012). The idea about testing/recommending external boxes is based on the possibility to run this activity in parallel with the development of 1.1. The box I want to look at first is Linksys 3102. It could be interesting for small customers and/or as a backup for SIP connectivity.

Vladimir
  •  
germanr

Did you try with Linksys 3102? I have made tests with a Level 1 gateway with 4 FXO http://global.level1.com/Business-Products/VoIP-%28Voice-ove r-IP%29/IP-PBX/VOI-9300/446.html?id=446
and a Audiocodes Gateway http://www.audiocodes.com/products/mediapack-1xx that has 4 FXS and 4 FXO

On the Level 1 I could route outgoing calls to analog telephone lines, but I could't manage to route incoming calls correctly.

With the audiocodes I could make the 4 FXS ports work correctly with operator but not the FXO and am struggling with it right now.

Also tried with a Digium card model 1tdm411bf but would not be recognized by Operator.

For us it is necessary a gateway or card support as we don have SIP providers locally (in Uruguay)

[Updated on: Fri, 06 May 2011 17:03]

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
TEFICO

Support for "analog Digium cards" will include both FXO and FXS ports?

We need the possibility to mix BRI(EuroISDN)/FXS/FXO ports in one configuration.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

We would like to support FXO ports first. Why the FXS?
  •  
germanr

Vladimir,
The FXS port is usefull for faxes and wireless phones.

I ordered a Linksys 3102 and will be trying it next week. The 3102 also has a FXS port. Have you tested it?

regards
German

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
TEFICO

That is Germanr. We need both to connect analog lines and analog phones to the PBX, just with ISDN lines, VoIP line and VoIP phones.

Really we don't understand a PBX without these posibilities.
Previous Topic: Recording AutoAttendant Greetings and other Messages
Next Topic: Kerio Operator 1.1.0 Beta 2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 19:12:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00568 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.