Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Ringing group forwarding to external number
  •  
ICT and Me

Send a private message to this user
Hi guys,

I'm not certain if this is already mentioned, but why can't the ringing group forward to outside numbers like cellphone's.
For us can it be a use to forward a call to a cellphone when the ringing group isn't answering.
With the users it's possible, so why not the groups.
Or to created a extentions that direct forward to a outside number.

[Updated on: Fri, 29 October 2010 11:41]

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

The fallback number in the ring group can be an external number, even though the description reads "To extension number." (This is a bug).

Vladimir
  •  
ICT and Me

I have tried that, but wasn't working.
When ringing group must go outside the caller get the message wrong number. If the Caller is from outside. From internal no problem.

One other thing when made Incoming Route to a extension it will not go back to ringing group.
On screen it says it goes to ringing group, but when calling to the number i see in Status/Calls that the outside number goes directly to the extentions that should be replace bij the ringing group.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

What number do you see when using the ring group with a fallback to an external number? What number do you expect?

Vladimir
  •  
ICT and Me

Hi Vladimir,

When callin ringing group 110 from internal and no extentions is answering the call falls back to the external mobile phone. It works nice. It calls perfect 006xxxxxxxxxx.

When calling from outside the call is coming on ringing group 110 (Office group ICT and Me). No extentions answers and the call will be forwarded to 006xxxxxxxxxx. Same as internal.
But caller gets message: "I'm sorry that number isn't valid"

Could this be the probleem:
[03/Nov/2010 09:43:17] Unknown extension 00031628893857

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

I can see now where the problem might be. We will test this.

Thanks,
Vladimir
  •  
ICT and Me

Vladimir,

The number what's in the piece of log is the incoming number.
So i think that the problem. Operator think it's a extension that's not within Operator. And want to forward a extension to outside.

I have tried it with user ringinggroup (follow) and that's normally working even from outside.
When incoming call is routed to extension with user attached then it forward nice to the mobilephone number.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Kedar

Hi,
I tested it and you're right, it does't work Sad
Thank you for bug report, I entered it into our bug tracking system.

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

We already know what's wrong - when the ring group calls the external number, it does not have the call permissions for that.

There are two solutions:

1. Allow all ring groups to fall back to an external numbers by default.

2. Change the ring group edit dialog - add the option to assign call permissions to the ring group.

I guess the solution #1 should be sufficient. Opinions anyone?

Vladimir
  •  
ICT and Me

@Vladimir,

I will go for the second option. Because then you have the choice to allow or not.

Carlo

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Ok, thanks for feedback.

Vladimir
Previous Topic: How to provision automatic answer
Next Topic: our testing and reports
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 04:03:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00562 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.