Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Do not allow static users
  •  
tong2x

Send a private message to this user
is it possible to block or maybe assigned to a user

those unrecognized users/ips?

I would only allow IP that either is reserved or was served by the dhcp server.

situation:
a user in my network, most probably set his/her computers ip manually. now kerio does not recognize the host name only the ip. problem is the ip he/she selected is a special range I used for certain pc. yeah sure, in less than 2 days I can always figure out who he/she is. but it would be nice to just block or throttle unrecognized users.
  •  
ICT and Me

Why don't you use MAC filter (Security Settings)
This allow only MAC filtered systems to go on the internet.

And why can a user change his/her IP?
If your using Active Directory it's blocked on user level.
Otherwise you must looking how to prevent that a normal user even can change his/her IP. This must only be allowed by the administrator.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
tong2x

it is a public zone, the access is not really that of an issue but more on the use of IP which may cause conflicts.

kerio don't show the mac address, I have to use another tool to get the mac. may be a list in the dhcp as "unrecognized" with mac address.
it won't be nice if kerio could automatically block unrecognized users. or maybe have a default "user" for those unrecognized

[Updated on: Mon, 08 November 2010 08:32]

•  
ICT and Me

Idea?:
Why don't you place the certian PC to other NIC (LAN)?
Then configure this one hardcoded IP and make a special traffic rule and configure the MAC of this system on the special lan NIC.

you understand what i mean?
Created a second LAN. If it's one system you can connect it with a cross cable TX4 (1Gbit)

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
Previous Topic: Exchange ActiveSync problem
Next Topic: [solved] Firewall/Gateway considered P2P
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 04:55:38 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.