Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » How to provision automatic answer (Operator Attendant)
  •  
Reinaldo

Send a private message to this user
Hi, I'm trying to use Operator but not having success.
Maybe due to a lack of a better manual.
I've used Asterisk and currently using 3CX.
I want to establish an automatic answer when someone calls my PBX. The answering machine should present options and then wait for the caller to key some number (or the extension).
I have tried to provision this on Operator but without success.

Is it possible to tell me all necessary steps to provision this?

Thanks,
Reinaldo
  •  
ICT and Me

Attendant is rather simple to use.
Search the forum on attendant. There are already a few who talked about it.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Reinaldo

Hi, I've searched the Operator forum for "IVR" or "Attendant" before and no substantial information was found related to how to provision the automatic attendant.
Is there anybody here that can describe how to do it?
Thanks in advance.
Reinaldo
  •  
Little Mo

Let me try and help. Here is a basic how to that I just threw together:

Click on Add in the auto attendant script section.

Give it a "script number" that is a unique extension to your system (Kerio - you should change how this is worded so users understand this is essentially an special extension)

Give it a good description so you know what it is for.

Click on the description name that appears in the box below and hit edit.

Choose an announcement sound file to be played. Decided how many times it will replay that file when a caller does not press anything.

To add the menu options that go along with your announcement hit the add button. Double click on the Key if you want to change what number the caller should press for that action. Double click the Action to change the action. For going to a submenu select the announcement you want played for that submenu.

You edit the submenus in the same fashion as the original menu.

The default action is used when a caller does not press anything. Many people set default action to dial a specific extension. Usually the receptionist or operator extension.

You can test the attendant by dialing the script/extension number from a phone registered to your system.

To route an inbound phone number to use the attendant you just created go to Call Routing. Double click on the phone number you want to change. Then double click the Extension number and select the number of the attendant you just setup.

Kerio - There should be a way to choose multiple sound files so we can string them together. It helps to record attendant scripts in multiple pieces sometimes so that the various parts can be reused in other areas. It something we do regularly when we hire a professional to do our recordings. It is also useful if the recording is going to be long so you dont have to re-record the entire thing when a change needs to be made.

•  
Reinaldo

Hi Little Mo,

Your suggestion was exactly what I tried before without success.
I've used some tricks and the only way I could make it work was:
to setup the Call Routing using the fallback exactly as the same as the Attendant.

I understand fallback in a different way though.

Kerio, is this the correct way to provision? Is there a ticket already opened for it?

I also noticed that WAV files are not working for attendant messages.

I'm using the latest version (beta 3) and that's why I believe we should have a minimally working manual in order to play with this beta.

Thanks for your help so far.

Regards,
Reinaldo

[Updated on: Fri, 05 November 2010 00:19]

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

We discovered a bug that relates to the auto attendant. It's in handling WAV files. If you upload a file that is not in the expected format (8kHz, 16 bits per sample, signed), Operator will not transcode the file. As a result, Asterisk will not play the file and the menu will not work.

The work-around is to transcode the file in an audio editor (Sound Forge, Audacity, or whichever you prefer) before you upload it to Operator. The bug will be fixed in the next release.

Vladimir
  •  
Reinaldo

Hi Vladimir, thanks for the update. We'll try this.
We converted the message from WAV to GSM and and the message was played after calling the attendant extension directly.
But the answering system was not working. The only way we could make it answer is by setting Fallback on Call Routing to the same extension as attendant.
If we set any other extension on the Fallback field then the call is automatically directed to this extension.

Regards,
Reinaldo
  •  
mgnsupport

Has anyone be able to get this working? I have converted all of my wav files to 8kHz, 16 bits per sample, signed. They are still not playing. I am just missing a step here? Any help getting the Auto Attendant to play my welcome message would be greatly appreciated.
  •  
Reinaldo

Hi, I converted to gsm using Audacity. I tried a couple of times with wav without success.
Regards,
Reinaldo
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

The WAV file needs to be 8000 Hz, 16 bit signed PCM. The next release of Operator will auto-convert WAV files to this format.

I am attaching a short sample message.

Vladimir

Previous Topic: Installation Kerio Operator
Next Topic: Ringing group forwarding to external number
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 07:15:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00427 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.