Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Thunderbird + LDAP / CardDAV (How to sync addressbook with LDAP and/or CardDAV)
  •  
netground

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Currently I'm testing all sort of clients to sync with our new Kerio Connect server. Though I'm disappointed there is no 64 bits version for server and outlook connectors, there are enough other options.

Right now I'm testing Thunderbird 3.1 with IMAP and Lightning calendar plugin which works like a charm.

Now I want to test the LDAP:

In Thunderbird;

Tools > Options > Composition > Edit Directories > Add

Name: My Addressbook (or whatever)
Hostname: mail.domain.com (change to your server URL)
Base DN: fn=ContactRoot
Port number: 389
Bind DN: user<_at_>domain.com

I've tried with and without SSL, leaving Base DN empty, changing user from user<_at_>domain.com to user but I just can't get it to work.

I quickly did a test with my iPhone 4 and can't get it to work either using CardDAV. In securitylog in Kerio server:

[05/Nov/2010 12:49:48] LDAP: Authentication attempt from host xxxx denied, insecure authentication not allowed.

Can't use SSL on my iPhone too, though we do have a valid SSL installed.

Any pointers what I'm doing wrong here? Neutral

Thanks in advance.

Hans

Net Ground B.V.
Domainname registration, webhosting, Kerio hostedmail, Streaming VOD and Live streams, Virtual servers (VMware), dedicated servers, managed servers, cloudhosting.

http://www.netground.nl
  •  
BudDurland

My Setup:

HostName == mail server name
Base DN == objectClass=Person
Port Number == 636
BindDN == my user name (not the entire e-mail)

Use secure connection checked.

On the "Advanced" tab:
Search Filter == (objectclass=*)
Login method = Simple

In "Tools / option / advanced"
Click the "certificates" tab
"View Certificates"
"Add Exception"
mail.server.com:636

Hope this helps

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
netground

Hi,

Thanks, it still did not work with those settings, until I found out that in Kerio admin:

Configuration > Advanced Options > Security policy tab

Security policy: Require secure authentication

Now I've set it to: No restrictions

And voila, CardDAV working like a charm!

Hans

Net Ground B.V.
Domainname registration, webhosting, Kerio hostedmail, Streaming VOD and Live streams, Virtual servers (VMware), dedicated servers, managed servers, cloudhosting.

•  
awaegel

EDIT: nevermind, I didn't realize Thunderbird doesn't support CardDav yet. Also didn't realize LDAP is a 'search only' connection that doesn't allow address book listing.

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm using the new Thunderbird 3.1.7 and Kerio Connect 7.0.0 patch 1 build 1101 (a little old, I know, we're cheap about the license) and I'm trying to get CardDav to work.

I've set up a new 'LDAP Directory' address book with the following params:
Name: KerioAddressBook
Hostname: mailserver.mydomain.com
Base DN:fn=ContactRoot (tried this empty too)
Port number:636
Bind DN: awaegel<_at_>geopraxis.com
Use Secure Connection: Checked

Under the "Advanced" tab:
Search Filter: (objectclass=*)
Login method: simple

...and nothing happens. No errors, no messages in Kerio admin logs, no contacts. It's like thunderbird just isn't doing anything. I've tried all the suggestions I could find on the forum, including adding a security exception for the mailserver's ssl cert; nothing worked.

Any ideas?

[Updated on: Wed, 15 December 2010 08:58]

•  
netground

You are sure you are not forcing SSL encryption, as set in your admin panel of Kerio?

Net Ground B.V.

•  
awaegel

Yes, I have it set to "No Restrictions" in Kerio Admin, and I can edit contacts just fine with Outlook.

But I thought Thunderbird didn't support CardDav out of the box?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

awaegel wrote on Wed, 15 December 2010 16:21

But I thought Thunderbird didn't support CardDav out of the box?

Of course it does not. You're setting up the LDAP client in Thunderbird.
Previous Topic: Domain wide auto response
Next Topic: Distributed Domains and Apple Open Directory problems
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 14:00:12 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00498 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.