Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook Connector Problem (Outlook Conncector)
  •  
redjun

Send a private message to this user
I installed Kerio Outlook Connector in Outlook 2007 with some pop3 accounts and multiple data files already setup. When I restarted Outlook, all the pop3 account and data files were removed.

It is not normal!

Is there any fix on this one already? The server is KMS 6.7.3.

Red
  •  
ICT and Me

Then you have installed it with the installation script provided from your webmail intregration?
If you have installed the connector manual and configur it afterwards in configuration/mail setup then this may not happen. The script provided from windows intergration (webmail) will remove prevouis settings.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The script does not remove any account. It creates new Outlook profile. So the POP3 accounts are still there but in another Outlook profile.
  •  
redjun

Thanks. Yes, I downloaded the Integration with Windows from the webmail.
  •  
ICT and Me

And that is just the problem!
Many customers want Kerio and POP3 beside one and other.
To for example make it possible to copy e-mail to Kerio Connect.
So the script is removing the settings in the eyes of the user.
No user knows what really happens.
For us IT people is no problem.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
netground

Hi,

I second that, there should be some option for:

1) Download and configure with a new profile
2) Download and configure with your current profile

Even then it's already a technical choice. There should be 1 configurator.cmd and it should ask the question to use the current profile or create a new one. This is fairly easy.

Also, I found out today (tnx helpdesk germany) when using a connector in the same profile where already a normal exchange account is configured, you don't get a proper "from" address in mails and it gets bounced due to a from lookup.

Weird stuff. The question coming to mind;

What is the best way to transform a company from Exchange to Kerio? Always use migrator? IMAP first, then move messages and delete exchange account, or is it even possible to put exchange account into cached mode, delete the account and configure a connector in the profile.

Hans

Net Ground B.V.
Domainname registration, webhosting, Kerio hostedmail, Streaming VOD and Live streams, Virtual servers (VMware), dedicated servers, managed servers, cloudhosting.

http://www.netground.nl
  •  
redjun

It seems that it is nowhere to find the previous versions of Outlook Connector.
Our version is still the KMS 6.7.3. Current version of Outlook Connector is for Kerio Connect 7.1.2 and did not work on my installation.

But using the installation in Integration with Windows link on the Webmail works.
Previous Topic: POP3 download messages double or missing
Next Topic: How to sync calender and contacts BB Desktop software and Kerio Connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 02:58:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00447 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.