Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Apple Mail problems
  •  
klynde

Send a private message to this user
I have 1 user with a huge amount of mail in Apple Mail - about 30G. 5.6G is stored on the server, the rest is sorted into local folders. Her inbox is fairly small, only about 20M. We've tried to keep all the folders to less than 5,000 messages

Recently she has noticed email in server folders duplicating themselves then deleting the duplicate. We have also had problems with Drafts saving multiple versions and not deleting them.

I've tried to get her to delete old email but she still accesses the old emails. There are lots of attachments, she is a production manager for an advertising agency and gets a ton of PDF attachments.

Anyone else have a user with that much mail? Is it causing problems?

Thanks,

Ken
  •  
fishtech

I have plenty of Apple Mail users with more than 5000 messages in mailboxes who are not having problems.

Are the messages duplicated on the server if you access the account through webmail?

Have you tried selecting the problem mailbox in Mail, then using Mailbox menu > Rebuild ?

What OS version are you using?

Regards,

ft
  •  
klynde

This is on Mac OS 10.6.4, server is running on a PowerMac G5 with 10.5.8, Kerio version 7.0.2.

I just use the 5,000 messages as an arbitrary number to try and keep the individual Mail folders less than 2G on the local computer. I haven't tried looking at webmail, the duplicates are only there for a few seconds before disappearing.

So far it's happened in both her Sent folder and Inbox. Haven't tried rebuilding them yet.

I have an idea for archiving a bunch of her local folders - set up a Public folder that only she has access to, dropping her archivable folders in there and removing them from Apple's Mail. She can still access them through webmail. Any ideas what kind of problems dumping 25G of mail into public folders will have on the server? Each folder will be relatively small.

Thanks

Ken
Previous Topic: Upgrading from v6.6.2 to v7.1.2
Next Topic: Log Highlighting - very useful
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 16:06:48 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00440 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.