Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Ical Problems kerio connec 7.1 and 7.2 beta (problems with the organizor)
  •  
softloader

Send a private message to this user
Hoi All,

Our company uses iCal. but we have a problem for a while. if someone sends an inventation trough kerio . the inventee can accept it and the organizor will see that he accepted the appointment.

But the inventee will always see a question mark by the organizor of the event. is there a way to solve this ?
  •  
topher1078

I don't have the solution but i have been annoyed by the same problem ever since switching to Kerio and would love to see how to get this fixed!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

In the real world the invitees don't get an update from the organizer when someone else accepts the invitation. It's logical - each update from the organizer must be accepted by the attendee. Since Kerio Connect must support all groupware clients and makes them interoperable, this approach is applied also to CalDAV (iCal).
We're considering alternatives how to make this more convenient for the users but right now it is the price we have to pay for interoperability.
  •  
softloader

that's to bad but is there an other solution just to get it green because the sender always accept his own appointment
  •  
marook

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Fri, 12 November 2010 13:56
In the real world the invitees don't get an update from the organizer when someone else accepts the invitation. It's logical - each update from the organizer must be accepted by the attendee. Since Kerio Connect must support all groupware clients and makes them interoperable, this approach is applied also to CalDAV (iCal).

Ahhh!!! That does NOT answer why the ORGANIZER is shown with a Questionmark!
The Organizer can't be listed as 'Maybe' or 'Rejected'!!!!
The Organizer can ONLY be listed as Attending or the event is Canceled.. right???

I remember filing a bug on this way back, but it seems to have vanised from our bug listing..

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Organizer is always marked with a green check mark (well, at least in my iCal). So I suppose the problem might be that the organizer is also in the attendee list in the event. But it is something we cannot solve in this forum.
  •  
marook

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Sun, 14 November 2010 23:30
Organizer is always marked with a green check mark (well, at least in my iCal). So I suppose the problem might be that the organizer is also in the attendee list in the event. But it is something we cannot solve in this forum.

I don't have one single event I have been invited to, where the Organizer is Checked/Green. All is grey/questionmark.

And yes, iCal lists the Organizer in the Invitees area... scren shot attached.

Do you want me to open a new BR? Wink

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
marook

More...

Here is the ICS file of the event in the above screenshot:
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//Apple Inc.//iCal 4.0.4//EN
X-CALENDARSERVER-ACCESS:PUBLIC
BEGIN:VEVENT
ATTENDEE;CN="Jakob Peterhänsel";CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED:mail
 to:jap<_at_>domain.com
DTEND:20101115T120000
TRANSP:OPAQUE
ORGANIZER;CN="User dkfk@humac.com":mailto:fk<_at_>domain.com
UID:FAB6C489-FCF9-4C26-88EB-E643FF940E7A
DTSTAMP:20101006T071858Z
SEQUENCE:5
CLASS:PUBLIC
X-APPLE-EWS-BUSYSTATUS:BUSY
SUMMARY:HTF Undervisning
DTSTART:20101115T100000
CREATED:20101006T071802Z
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

How can iCal show Green/Accepted for the Oranizer if the 'PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED' is missing from the Organizer line?
Is that a given fact in CalDAV/.ics that the Organizer is ACCEPTED?
Is this a bug in iCal??

Edit: Domain changed.. Wink

[Updated on: Sun, 14 November 2010 23:39]

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
softloader

Could you send your ics file so we can see what is going wrong?
  •  
softloader

Hi,

I tried everything to get my Calendar to work with the organizer. Can Is there anybody without this problem?

And Could the Kerio_pdobry please send his ical file so we can see what is wrong.
  •  
j.turley

Was there a solution to why the organiser always shows with a question mark? Mine is and has always done so.

Jason
  •  
softloader

no at this moment kerio don't has a solution i hope to hear from them soon
  •  
j.turley

Thanks softloader!
Previous Topic: Sync TB 3.2 Adressbook & Kerio
Next Topic: Open directory users not showing up
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 15:25:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00525 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.