Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mac OS X 10.6.5 update, iCal location field lookup not working
  •  
j.turley

Send a private message to this user
We have recently applied the 10.6.5 update to a few of our computers and now when we create an event in iCal the lookup in the location (for meeting rooms etc.) field no longer works. Has anyone else seen this issue, have a work around?

Thanks

Jason
  •  
forum69

Same problem on our network (KC 7.1.0) with the 10.6.5.

This is the second times that we have this problem with iCal and an OSX update Sad

•  
fishtech

FYI - 10.6.5 OSX Server update was pulled by Apple.

No news yet on why, afaiaa.

Just a heads-up that there MAY be a technical problem with Server 10.6.5 which may be related to your issues.

ft.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 November 2010 18:31]

•  
j.turley

The Mac OS X Server 10.6.5 update has not impact on the interaction between a 10.6.5 client and Kerio Mail Server. It looks like something has changed in the client update and the Kerio team will have to figure out a workaround to get the lookup working again.

Jason
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Our first research shows that the iCal does not even try to lookup the resource on the server. We are trying to figure out what has changed in iCal.
If you have any useful information, contact our technical support. This forum is useful but it is not a technical support channel.
  •  
pvrossum

This probleem seems related to the version of the operating system of the client only. My client has the same problem. He is running Kerio Connect 7.1.2 on a Mac OS X server that uses 10.6.4.

Clients with 10.6.4 have a working auto complete and it stops working after updating to 10.6.5
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

We've found that iCal changed its behavior regarding LDAP lookup for resources (location). This issue will be addressed in upcoming Kerio Connect 7.2 along with few more (hopefully pleasant) changes in iCal support. So stay tuned for next beta versions of Kerio Connect 7.2.
  •  
d.

I really wish a Kerio Connect version 7.1.4 (or similar) could be created and released with just this one fix in it. It is such a huge inconvenience to wait on 7.2 to go out of Beta, rather than just issuing a fix to this issue, that's been a problem since November 2010 (going on 3 months now).

Cheers,
D.

•  
forum69

I really don't understand Kerio does not deliver an update of Kerio-Connect for a such critical bug and that we have to wait for the 7.2 release...

And if I look at all the products Kerio is now editing, I'm afraid about a real evolution of the Kerio-Connect (mailing lists, daily quotas alerts, permissions,...) in the future.

We have blocked the 10.6.5 and 10.6.6 client update.
Some users are no more able to schedule resources...

I'm very disappointed about Kerio reactivity.

lv.

Previous Topic: Firewire 800 RAID 5
Next Topic: New iPhone battery issues on Active Sync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 09:00:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00465 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.