Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio administration (How to administrate a server for a customer)
  •  
maxreefer

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I'm trying to understand how to administrate a KMS for a customer without using a mail account.
I have installed a KMS for a customer of mine on his online server and I have to take care of it.
During installation I have set "admin" for domain "localhost" as administrator. This is also the account used to login on "admin console".
Then I've created a new domain and 9 users.
The license is for 10 users and when my customer will need a new mail I should delete the user admin<_at_>localhost.
How can I then log in "admin console"? Am I missing some concept about administration or it can only be bind to a real user account?

Thanks for help

Andrea
  •  
My IT Indy

You either need to create a user on their domain with admin rights, or have them buy more licenses.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
maxreefer

HoosierMac wrote on Mon, 15 November 2010 15:31
You either need to create a user on their domain with admin rights, or have them buy more licenses.

Thanks HoosierMac,
I was worried about what you said. I just hoped for a different solution Crying or Very Sad
Actually I can't even use one of their account because they could modify the password leaving me out from admin panel or have them buy 5 more account just because I would need one of them.

IMHO
there should be a way to administer it without using a PAID account, don't you think?
  •  
My IT Indy

Yeah, it kind of sucks, but we just set expectations ahead of time that they need to keep an Admin account on the server and they're cool with it.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It will come. Stay tuned for Connect 7.2 Smile
  •  
maxreefer

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Mon, 15 November 2010 19:11
It will come. Stay tuned for Connect 7.2 Smile

Thumbs Up Very good!
  •  
jonelli

Did it ever come?
Running 7.1.4 patch 1 build 3411
  •  
maxreefer

Yes, since 7.2 you got separated Admin user. So now 10 users license is really for 10 users Smile
Previous Topic: Outlook 2011 Performance
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 7.2 patch 1 - Outlook 2007 KOFF slow perfomance
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 19:03:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00548 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.