Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Apple Mail Attachments not showing up on other end
  •  
kcmac

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered before but I can't seem to find this in the current posts. We have 8 macs all running 10.6.4 - the users connect to the most recent version of Kerio Connect via IMAP.

The problem: When the user attaches a file (PDF, Word, Excel, etc) via Apple Mail the user on the other end doesn't get it. They then have to login to webmail, add the attachment resend and then the user on the other end gets it. What is the problem? The users on the other end are mostly PC users using Outlook.

I made sure that Send Windows Friendly Attachments is selected in Apple Mail, what else should I look for?

TIA for your input!

Josh
  •  
kcmac

A little more information

I went to a PC User that this was happening too. He has Win XP SP3 and Outlook 2003 (latest SP) when he gets the file it is actually embedded in the email you can't save it or anything BUT you can forward it. When I forward the attachment to a user with mac mail it works when I forward it to an Outlook Windows user it is embedded. Any thoughts?

When the user sends from Kerio webmail it's just fine. So it is definitely something Apple Mail is doing

Thanks for any input

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2010 22:39]

•  
BLTomato

We use http://lokiware.info/Mail-Attachments-Iconizer and it works great for Apple Mail > Exchange/Lotus Notes.
  •  
j.a.duke

kcmac wrote on Mon, 15 November 2010 12:38
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered before but I can't seem to find this in the current posts. We have 8 macs all running 10.6.4 - the users connect to the most recent version of Kerio Connect via IMAP.

The problem: When the user attaches a file (PDF, Word, Excel, etc) via Apple Mail the user on the other end doesn't get it. They then have to login to webmail, add the attachment resend and then the user on the other end gets it. What is the problem? The users on the other end are mostly PC users using Outlook.

I made sure that Send Windows Friendly Attachments is selected in Apple Mail, what else should I look for?

TIA for your input!

Josh

Do you have "Always Send Windows Friendly Attachments" checked off under Edit->Attachments?

If you don't, try it. I think that will resolve the problem.

Cheers,
Jon
Previous Topic: DROID X (and new Adroid 2.2) Corpotate Sync workaround (still bugs)
Next Topic: URL in updateChecker.php
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 09:57:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00396 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.