Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » A few questions (About kerio operator)
  •  
smerplash

Send a private message to this user
Okay, well I am thinking of using Kerio Operator to run the phones in the business I work in and have a few questions about its functionality.

I realise its still an RC1 build and not completely finished yet but still,

My first questions relates to the binding of a directory service, to be specific and apple Open Directory.

As far as I can see I can only bind 1 open driectory but the company I work for has two companies in the building that share a phone service but not an open directory, so my question is about whether or not its possible to bind more than 2 open directory services to the single kerio operator service?

My second question relates to the phone models that kerio can operate with, in the building we have Alcatel 4039 PBX phones, Alcatel 4029 PBX phones and Alcatel 4019 PBX phones. My question is that are there any possible ways to make these PBX phones work with kerio operator or do we have to completely overhaul the phones with IP phones?

Thanks in advance,
Will
  •  
Kedar

smerplash wrote on Thu, 25 November 2010 00:48

As far as I can see I can only bind 1 open driectory but the company I work for has two companies in the building that share a phone service but not an open directory, so my question is about whether or not its possible to bind more than 2 open directory services to the single kerio operator service?

No it's not possible. In Kerio Operator and Kerio Workspace are not mail domains similar to Kerio Connect, so there must be LDAP per server, not LDAP per mail domain (Kerio Connect). There is difficult to solve technical problems e.g. identical username conflicts.

For two companies with two LDAP servers you need two Kerio Operator servers Smile
There is possible to set links between PBXs without external number, it will make functionality you probably need - calls for free between these two companies.
  •  
Kedar

I will answer second part of your question:

Kerio Operator supports every SIP based phone - real or softphone. It seems your Alcatel phones are not SIP phones, so they cannot be used directly with the Kerio Operator. The best is to buy supported phones for provisioning (Cisco, Linksys, Snom). For complete change of your telephone infrastructure, I suggest contact your local Kerio Partner in Australia.
  •  
MESB

Well, i have few questions too.
Is there plans about add support for:
t.38 - fax.
h.323 - we still have some hardware and operators that require this.
iax2 - connections to other pbxs asterisk based, and some phones, it's awesome in case of nat.

2. I saw idea of kerio connect where you can delegate some basic access to web admins.
Is there any plan about implementation of it here?

As Exmaple:
In corp:
Main admins have access to everywhere, but it's can be useful in case of remote depatment and their local admins to allow them to add users for example.

3. Is there any plans about sms support?

[Updated on: Fri, 10 December 2010 06:49]

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

We plan to improve fax support and support IAX2. No plans for H.323 so far. Also no plans for a "smaller" web admin.

We might add GSM connectivity in the future but not in 2011.

Vladimir
  •  
ICT and Me

@Vladimir and Radek,
Will be there something like a HUD. Webbased or a HUDlite server plugin?
This could be nice to use on central system. Like receptionist

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
MESB

Kerio_vtoncar wrote on Fri, 10 December 2010 11:41
Hi,
We plan to improve fax support and support IAX2.

great

Quote:
No plans for H.323 so far.

Why? Too unstable?
There is different implementations for * afaik, h323, ooh323, etc.

Quote:

Also no plans for a "smaller" web admin.

Sad No hope?

Quote:

We might add GSM connectivity in the future but not in 2011.

I'am not about that clearly.
Let's say, gigaset ip phones, snom ip phones, another phones like panasonic and other via sip adapters like pap2t or spa or etc support sms capability.
That's what i am talking about. It's can be instresting in case home users, or even usual users as warnings and etc. We already try it on * 1.4.23 it works good out of the box.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Sms

[Updated on: Sat, 11 December 2010 09:52]

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Regarding H.323, it's not an issue of stability. We just did not think there would be enough customers interested in H.323.

The "smaller" web admin might come later, at present it's not in the plans for version 1.1

Thanks for the clarification regarding SMS.

Vladimir
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

@ictandme

Regarding support for receptionists, we are currently considering two options: (1) support for BLF phones or (2) a receptionist "HUD" in the MyPhone interface.

Which of the two would work better? Opinions, anyone?

Vladimir
  •  
ICT and Me

@Vladimir,

second option looks for me best option.
For selling Operator will this also a good option.
Customers aren't pushed to expensive phones.
And almost every receptionist has a computer Wink

Tnx in advance

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
MESB

Hi again.
Another few questions:

1. Is there any plans for adding some functionality like VirtualPBXses inside one kerio operator?

I mean for example, i have few clients, for every clients create virtual pbxes with it's own numbers, and every client have access to it's own staistics, voice menu, etc of it's phones. (it's idea like in case one kerio connect installation when it serving different domains on one server)
I understand that we can use virtual system like vmware or xen, install one kerio operator for every client separatly, but i don't think it very good idea.

2. Is there any plans about record talks and automatic upload of talks records of users on another servers via ftp\smb\etc?

3. Any basic firewalling? (let's say we decide give this system real ip, so i'am afraid of dos or something like that)

4. Any plan about hardware box like in case kerio control box maybe and certifications in future?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

1. The system you ask about is also known as "multi-tenant PBX". So far, this is not in the plan (for 2011).

2. So far, yo can record calls in call queues. Do you want to record regular calls as well?

3. Operator has a built-in IPtables-based firewall. The setup is in System > Firewall and you may also need to configure IP address groups.

4. The hardware boxes are currently available in USA, UK, Germany, and the Czech Republic.

Vladimir

•  
zrwy01

Hello,

Are there any plans to implement phone to phone paging (intercom) functionality?
Also, are there any plans to support the snom vision and the snom expansion modules?
  •  
MESB

Kerio_vtoncar wrote on Mon, 07 February 2011 14:22
Hi,

2. So far, yo can record calls in call queues. Do you want to record regular calls as well?

Ofcource.
Or even some of internal phone numbers or even only some calls (for example only mobile and longdistance calls) or only incoming calls.

Quote:

4. The hardware boxes are currently available in USA, UK, Germany, and the Czech Republic.

Any plans about Russia?

MESB

Oh, and is there any plans about video implementations?
Previous Topic: sipgate.de
Next Topic: Digium and Amphenol
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 06:56:42 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00543 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.