Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Windows search server & KC (Integration between both)
  •  
subnet

Send a private message to this user
Dear all,

Has anybody tried this, to integrate KC and Windows Search Server with each other. It is possible with Exchange and Lotus Notes. If it could work together with KC it would be nice, because we don't have to implement local Indexing Search services on the workstations. Just implement this on the server and provide the users with the link. There searching record will only show their e-mail and file / folder on which they have permission.

Thanks,
  •  
TorW

cliffjag wrote on Sun, 28 November 2010 05:47
There searching record will only show their e-mail and file / folder on which they have permission.

How would you accomplish that? If you look at the ACL on a single email file, you'll find the user "owning" it does not have file system access to it at all.

I.e. a third party indexer will display too many results and give the searching user access to nothing.
  •  
subnet

Torw,

I wouldn't connect windows search server directly to the filesystem of kerio Directory Structure, because there is no ACL defined on the windows OS. The ACL is defined in Kerio itself. I was thinking maybe if kerio would develop a connector or As I haven't tested Windows Search Server yet, the possibility to connect it via Imap.
  •  
TorW

Ok I see. Some sort of "all-seeing" connector. There's always the "Master Authentication" password, but as stated in the manual it's not there to provide blanket access to email accounts to just any old client. It appears to be there for legacy reasons, but I'm not sure. Support can probably answer that.
  •  
subnet

Torw,

Did a request at KC Support. They currently don't support this type of search. Maybe this will be added in a future release.
Previous Topic: Auto config tools do not work - Entourage 2008 or Address book
Next Topic: HTC Desire Z
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 06:15:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00482 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.