Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KoffBackend.exe - open a Word/Excel Document take up to 2min
  •  
Jambo

Send a private message to this user
Hello, I have a strange Problem with KOFF at one user.
Sometimes when the user try to open a Word or Excel Document which is saved on Desktop or in a Folder, it takes up to 2min then Excel oder Word will be started.

But..CPU Usage is around 10-20% and there is enough Ram free.

But if I close Outlook or kill the Process koffbackend.exe, everything working fine again.

He uses WinXP / Office 2003 / KOFF.
I deactivated all Addons in Outlook.
  •  
MCiccarone

I've noticed the exact same issue. I haven't heard any complaints from my users at this point but I am sure I will.
  •  
heinzholding

We have the same problem with 2 or 3 users. This problem only exists with WinXP (till now).
In my opinion there is a problem with writing rights to the temp folder or something.

I found out that if you have both, Outlook with koff and webmail, opened, excel and word files take a long time to open. But if you have Outlook closed, there is no problem with opening excel and word files from webmail.

Very strange... has nobody any solution?

•  
guizoo

Almost one year later...

We have the same problem, was anyone able to solve this?

WinXP (fully updated, except File Validation Plugin) with KOFF 7.2.3.

Outlook closed -> no problem
Outlook open -> takes up to 2-3min to open a office document.

•  
Jambo

I never find any solution.
If the failure appear, the User close Outlook and sometimes he kill the Koffback - Process.

User get this year a new workstation
and Win7 64bit and Office 2010 and so problem is gone.

Sry I canĀ“t realy help you.

PS: Sry my bad english ^^
  •  
quasimo

is there no solution for this problem? the users couldnt work like this, when they alwwys have to wait for couple of minutes to open a simple word or excel file.
Are there any ideas, or tricks? i would be pleased for every response... thx
Previous Topic: Outlook 2011 can't forward meeting invitations with Kerio
Next Topic: Address-Book - Problem with Sync-Tool
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 07:43:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00457 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.