Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Certificates validity period & admin page port number
  •  
blackjub

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have a problem using some certificates with the new 7.1 version.
(Everything was OK with 7.0 and previous versions with the same ones)

All the certificates we use on our servers are valid for a period of 50 years (it's a policy set by higher-ups, I don't have any power to change these decisions).

When I upgraded our test machine from 7.0 to 7.1, the certificates were marked as "not valid", though the admin page was still running fine.

I also tried to use a self-signed certificate : it is marked as "valid" as long as I don't set the expiry date beyond 2037-12-31.

Is it a desired behavior, or will we have a chance to use again our 50-year-valid certificates in a future release?

I also noticed that the option to change the port used by the administation page is missing.

Is this option going to be back in a future release, or do we have to keep the default port number on our production machines?

(Could someone also tell me where I can change the option within the winroute.cfg file?)

In advance, many thanks for any helpful answer!
  •  
Radek PECH

Send a private message to this user
The problem of any 32bit system that uses unix-based time is that the time ends with the year 2037 (exactly 2038-01-19 03:14:07 UTC) - the problem is also known as Y2k38 (look for "Year_2038_problem" at wikipedia.org).

Kerio Control prevents such problem by not allowing any date past the year 2037.
Previous Topic: Making Control SIP-aware?
Next Topic: security while logging in to Kerio client
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 00:38:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.