Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Addressing Trouble with KOFF (Sometimes not found, sometimes wrong)
  •  
BudDurland

Send a private message to this user
Most of my users have Office 2007, using the Offline connector.

The first time they try to send an e-mail to someone in the global address book, Outlook can not find their e-mail address. For example, I'd expected entering 'bud' and clicking 'Check Names' to find me. It does not. But, when that fails, I can click 'Show More Names', then choose 'Contacts - Public Folders' as the address book and there I am. After I've sent the e-mail, the address forever shows up automatcally as I start to type 'bud dur', but I suspect that's coming from something Outlook has cached internally. I checked, and the 'Contacts in Public Folders' contact list is checked as 'Show this folder as an e-mail address book'

Also, we seem to have trouble with the address book cache getting corrupted. Start typing my name then choose the offered 'Bud Durland', and the e-mail instead gets sent to 'johndoe<_at_>acme.com'. Fixing this is easy -- Control Panel / Mail / Kerio Account / Repair / Empty cache. But that happens *after* the message has gone to the wrong address. Eeek.

Can anyone advise on what is the magic combination of settings in Kerio and Outlook to get correct addressing, from the global address list, each time?

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: [solved] Kerio Connector/Office 2010 H&B Trial - Error 28101
Next Topic: Shared Calendar Recurring Event
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 14:09:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00359 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.