Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » URL in updateChecker.php
  •  
EdRoxter

Send a private message to this user
Dear all,

I have Kerio Connect running on a Debian Server in a LAN behind a transparent proxy over which its HTTP(S) services are reachable by a static IP and domain for external clients. Everything works fine with that setup except for Kerio Connector's Update Check.

When opening https://mydoma.in/update/updateChecker.php, it returns:

--INFO--
ReminderId='1'
ReminderAuth='1'
Version='1'
--VERSION_BEGIN--
PackageCode=':007.001.00003.T.002.461'
DownloadURL='https://mailserver/download/KMS.KOC-7-1-3-T-2-461.tgz'
Description='Kerio Outlook Connector 7.1.3 build 2461'
--SIGNATURE--
[some signature stuff]
--VERSION_END--

"mailserver" ist the hostname of the machine Kerio Connect is running on. How can I change that behavior so that the URL for the update package does contain mydoma.in instead of "mailserver"?

Since the SIGNATURE seems to contain the DownloadURL parameter, it can't be done quick&dirty by doing a
echo preg_replace("/\/mailserver\//i","/mydoma.in/",$x_3em);
in /opt/kerio/mailserver/web/update/updateChecker.php.

Yours
Nico
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You cannot change the URL. The hostname is taken from the Host: header. Anyway, if the KOC client can reach the update URL it can access the download URL as well because it use the same hostname. So there is no need to hack or change anything.
  •  
EdRoxter

Ah, I see. The transparent proxy forwarded the requests to https://mailserver, thus the Host: header contained it. I now made an entry for the external domain in /etc/hosts, pointing to the internal IP of the server, and changed the forward policy for the proxy accordingly.
I couldn't do a simple port forwarding for the corresponding ports because there are some other name-based VHosts on the server running the transparent proxy. But since this particular domain is only used for Kerio Connect, everything works fine now.

Thanks for the hint!
Previous Topic: Apple Mail Attachments not showing up on other end
Next Topic: Spamassissin stuck on Learning
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 00:36:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00428 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.