Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Convert Exchange Server vCard to Kerio vCard (How to convert from Exchange Server type vCards to something that KerioConnect will be able to recognise and process correctly)
  •  
rogivy

Send a private message to this user
We're busy evaluating Kerio with a view to moving away from Exchange Server 2007 and 2010 (to a single consolidated Kerio server). So far it's looking good, with the exception of contacts.

Most of our users are on Macs, using Address Book for contacts.
In testing, when I try to copy a contact from one of my Exchange address books to the Kerio address book (using Mac Address Book) it loses telephone numbers. The web interface shows them as "Primary"

I've had a look at the vcf files with a text editor and I can see that the vCards are very different in format.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could move the contacts over without losing information?
Doing it by hand is not an option - simply too many.
I could write some code to do it - hoping it's already been done.

Alternately, is there a utility that can read in the vCards in the one format and convert them to another format?

thanks

Additional Info ....

This is how the vCard looks when exported from an Exchange account:

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
N:Bloggs;Joe;;;
FN:Joe Bloggs
item1.EMAIL;type=INTERNET;type=pref:joebloggs<_at_>hisdomain.com
item1.X-ABLabel:_$!<EX-EmailAddress1>!$_
item2.TEL;type=pref:1234567890
item2.X-ABLabel:_$!<EX-HomePhone>!$_
item3.TEL:0123456789
item3.X-ABLabel:_$!<EX-MobilePhone>!$_
CATEGORIES:Contacts
X-ABUID:00AE5FAD-F19E-4794-ADEA-4B085ECE0ECB\:ABPerson
END:VCARD

And this is how it should look for Kerio to handle it properly:

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
N:Bloggs;Joe;;;
FN:Joe Bloggs
EMAIL;type=INTERNET;type=WORK;type=pref:joebloggs<_at_>hisdomain.com
TEL;type=HOME;type=pref:1234567890
TEL;type=CELL:0123456789
CATEGORIES:My Contacts
X-ABUID:CB97694F-3E50-4F86-9889-9FFA2B619986\:ABPerson
END:VCARD

•  
My IT Indy

Send a private message to this user
What happens if you run the Exchange migration utility against your exchange server?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: Spamassissin stuck on Learning
Next Topic: Outlook Extremly slow!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 09:46:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00399 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.