Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Users unable to view content
  •  
scottdube

Send a private message to this user
I created pages and uploaded files to a page. I added users other than myself to the page. Giving them contributor level security. When they login they cannot see the pages or content under all spaces or anywhere else. If they do a search for the files the documents appear.

Any ideas?

Server is running on ubuntu 9.04 concurrent with kerio connect

Scott
  •  
scottdube

I even have set them as readers or admins with no affect on visibility to them...
  •  
benjalamelami

This used to happen on Beta 5. Are you installing the Beta 7?
  •  
Jarda Snajdr (Kerio)

Hello Scott,

If you want other people to see the content in their "All Spaces" tree, you need to set permissions on the top-level space that contains your pages. If you set permissions only on a page, then the containing space is not visible and accessible to others.

Other people can follow a link you send them, can find the page using search, but in order to have the page permanently in their navigation tree, they need to add it manually to their favorites.

Jarda
  •  
scottdube

Ok that worked...I changed the permissions on the top level space and it seemed to work. I think that is very confusing, not obvious and probably too easy to make a mistake. There must be an easier way to design that to allow better (quicker) visibility into the security permissions.

Thanks
Previous Topic: workspace client: unable to connect to server
Next Topic: Change SMTP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 02:58:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.