Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Snow Leopard, Address Book & iCal (Problems with Snow Leopard users with server home accounts)
  •  
pchernoff

Send a private message to this user
I am having problems setting up Address Book and iCal on Mac OS X 10.6.5 if the user has a server based home folder. In most cases I cannot get the Kerio auto-configuration packages to successfully authenticate to the KC server. If I try to manually setup accounts in iCal or Address Book with KC I also hit authentication problems. Must I abondone server based home folder?
  •  
p0ddie

Hi,

I have this setup with a copuple of users and it seems to work fine here. What exactly are these authentication problems? You enter your credentials and it just gives you errors? Have you made sure you use the correct login credentials? Does this work on a standalone account? Does this work on a mobile account? Don't use Kerberos authentication on the client, it doesn't work with Kerio.
  •  
pchernoff

It works sometimes here. Very frustrating because all of the Macs involved are built on the same image.

1-It works fine on some users with server based home accounts, not others. In some cases the users can authenticate for Address Book but not iCal.
2-I have seen this problems with standalone and mobile accounts but pretty rare.
3-In some cases the kerio program to setup iCal seems to work OK but fails to setup the account in ICal. Attempts to setup iCal directly to work with KC then always encounters authentication failure.
4-We have tested and know that the login credentials work. We check by logging into their mail account via a web browser.
5-I am not attempting to use Kerberos authentication. We don't have KC be part of the our office OpenDirectory system. Is there a way to check to see if the Mac is attempting to user Kerberos. Also, any connections need to be via SSL and as far as I can tell SSL is being used but is there a way to double-check.
6-Since the problem might be in ~/Library are there any files I should be sure to delete before making another attempt on a mac that has failed?
  •  
p0ddie

Hi,

first off, make sure you have imported your ssl certificate into the keychain as trusted (even if the certificate is not self signed and therefore trusted). If it is a self signed certificate, doublecheck that it is truested already.

Secondly, reset the user password of a user that is not working to a very easy password without any weird characters. User abc123def567 as password to test with or something.

If you have not explicitly told any of the apps to authenticate with Kerberos, they will not attempt to do so, so you don't need to check (you can, if you wish, there's a "use Kerberos" button in the prefs of the apps that needs to be unchecked).

Files in ~/Library do store files relevant to iCal and so on, but in our case when authentication fails the preference files and keychain entries with passwords are more interesting. Try with the other password first.
  •  
tonyswu

Here is what I do for network home folders. Login using a local admin user account, run the auto configuration tools for iCal and Address Book, move the ~/Library/Calendars and ~/Library/Application Support/Address Book folders into the Shared user folder. Log out, then log back in using a network user account, use chown commend to change the owner on those two folders, move them into the network user folder's Library folder and the Application Support folder, then it'll work just fine.
Previous Topic: Auto delete old mails
Next Topic: Hosted Kerio accounts...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:04:07 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00375 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.