Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Missing voicemail greetings and caller messages
  •  
sbergin

Send a private message to this user
We had Operator up and running for about a week, and only just realized today that we are not getting our messages. We were all out on Christmas vacation, and suddenly realized that we were not being emailed our messages. After some quick call-in testing, I came to the realization that the custom greetings we had recorded for our extensions had been replaced with the generic male greeting, and the messages that we can only assume were left for us (including the tests we left for ourselves) were nowhere to be found. Including when logging in to the MyPhone web interface. This is the latest version of Operator, build 2774. I wanted to SSH in to look for the missing messages, but the SSH connection is refused immediately. Maybe I'm missing something, but nowhere in the web interface is there an option to turn SSH on or off OR to allow it with the firewall. The server is not on a publicly facing IP, so we currently have all firewall options OFF. Maybe this is something that has to be set at the console at the server, I don't recall.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi Sam,

The custom greetings are not being used in the current version. We are going to add options for that in version 1.0.1.

Regarding the messages, leaving and listening messages, as well as forwarding them via e-mail should work. We will contact you next week to find out what's wrong.

The ssh access is disabled now by default, but there is a way to activate it from the admin console.

Vladimir
  •  
sbergin

You have GOT to be kidding me. I've burned through all of these hours, and gray hairs, on a known issue that I could find no documentation about here in this forum??? That might have been good to know...

As for the other issue, that of missing messages, the problem went away when I corrected the email server settings. My point in mentioning it is that I don't think you want to have a misconfiguration problem in one section causing such a massive failure in another, much more important, section. I know messages were left because I was able to SSH in a copy down the .wav files to my computer for playing. But they were not accessible thru any of the normal Operator interfaces.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

I am sorry for causing you this much trouble. My whole team was away last week, so we were not able to respond with the usual speed.

The busy/away messages are recorded but they are not used. Asterisk has three options when a caller enters the voicemail application to leave a message: (1) play instructions, (2) play the busy/unavailable message with instructions (3) play the busy/unavailable message without instructions. We currently do (1). To solve this, I would like to add an option with the above three choices to the admin interface to let people choose.

Vladimir
Previous Topic: Username format for sip interface
Next Topic: Feature request: Toggle Auto Attend Scripts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 06:23:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.