Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » spam.. false positives
  •  
yukiomishima

Send a private message to this user
howdy

since ± jan 01 2011 we are having a whole heap of issues with mail being tagged as spam

addresses that have not been problematic before are all of a sudden being tagged

this seems to be happening with pretty much every email that comes in (unless the address/ domain has previously been whitelisted)

we are using 6.7.3

the only thing that i can think it might be.. is.. the "2010 bug".. where.. as per advice on these forums... i had to add a rule that would reduce all email coming in by 3.2

would this be the issue... do i need to change the string used there from "2010" to "2011"... or.. do i not need this anymore?

has this issue been resolved with later versions of kerio?

any help greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

yukioMishima
  •  
TorW

A detailed spam score is available in every single message header. Take a look at the headers and find out exactly why "everything" is considered spam. The same spam report is available in debug.log if you turn on spamassassin logging. Guessing is for poker players Wink
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You have to update the rule. Or - which is recommended - upgrade to newver version. This issue has been fixed a year ago (Kerio MailServer 6.7.3 patch1).
  •  
yukiomishima

we are using version 6.7.3 build 7892.. is that not the patch1 version?

if not.. is the patch1 version available for download

i am hoping to upgrade to v7.1.3 over the next month or so... but this false-positive issue is causing all sorts of issues at the moment

thanks

yukioMishima

[Updated on: Wed, 05 January 2011 21:12]

•  
yukiomishima

ok

so found the lagacy downloads.. and am downloading the patch1 version

i assume i can simply install that from the finder (rather than thru the control panel)

also

when installed.. i assume i can disable the rule that i setup for the 2010 bug?

thanks again

yukioMishima

[Updated on: Wed, 05 January 2011 21:26]

•  
yukiomishima

speaking of

we are currently running kerio on a dual 2ghz G5 (OSX 10.4.11)

i assume that upgrading to both the 6.7.3 patch1 and then to 7.1.3 should not be a problem on this hardware?

are there any issues that we need to be aware of

thanks

yukioMishima

[Updated on: Wed, 05 January 2011 22:03]

Previous Topic: IMAP mandatory for second domain?
Next Topic: Processing web forms with Kerio Connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 12:06:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00419 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.