Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KIMT & Courier-IMAP
  •  
nicholassmith

Send a private message to this user
HI everyone, banging my head against a brick wall with this one so hopefully someone has a bit of info on it.

We're in the process of migrating to Kerio from a Courier-IMAP & QMail setup, Kerio is all setup and running fine however when I run KIMT I end up getting "Unable to authenticate to target IMAP server (server.co.uk:0) as MASTER with password" on each account. Reading into it it appears the error occurs due to Courier not having a global administration account for emails, however there seems to be no options to specify to use individual user logins for access.

It does however create all the accounts fine, so it looks like it's just struggling with the auth part to get access to the user mailbox. Any recommendations other than cp each file?

Thanks!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Please read the documentation for KIMT. "Target" server in migration is Kerio Connect, not Courier (it's the source).
  •  
id t

when we migrated a year ago I used a file with a single user per line, in the form:

<username_on_source_server>@<destination_domain_on_target>; <password>;;

it worked on more than 120 users in one shot.
  •  
nicholassmith

Thanks for the heads up, realised my issue is due to KIMT not being able to run with source + target on the same box. Interestingly it doesn't seem happy about running over SSL to the source IMAP server, and then to Kerio on standard IMAP, but that might be my SSL conf.

EDIT: just for anyone who ends up in the same boat, if you put Courier onto IMAPS and Kerio onto IMAP it will allow you to do the data transfer on the same server hardware.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 January 2011 21:41]

•  
nicholassmith

Head desk once again, this time I'm fully connected, it creates the folders then I get hit with this "Fatal Error (error code = 10) - Copy message from source folder "INBOX"failed", on every account. It creates all the folders fine, but it seems to not like moving messages.
  •  
TorW

Are you using vpopmail or do you have local users in the qmail/courier setup? A virtual user's messages are owned by the vpopmail user, not the virtual user. Either authenticate as root or vpopmail.

Another thing: Courier-IMAP does not have a physical folder called "INBOX". INBOX messages are stored in the normal maildir way (/cur, /new etc.) in the root of the user's maildir.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 January 2011 08:51]

•  
nicholassmith

Well a quick check shows the files owners are all popmail so I'm guessing the first one. Which stage would I need to authenticate as root or vpopmail? In the users csv file or in Kerio itself?

Thanks for giving me another direction to pursue, I was hitting a wall then!

EDIT: looking at the Kerio mail store it appears some emails have been copied, so I'm not sure what's happened there. I'll check the debug.log and see if there's anything more useful than ERROR 10 logged.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 January 2011 11:57]

Previous Topic: Kerio Connect with Blackberry Tour
Next Topic: TS01] Messages from XX.XX.XX.XX temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.55.1;
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:27:07 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.