Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » AD connector group issues
  •  
sbergin

Send a private message to this user
A client with Kerio Connect and AD on Windows Server 2008 is having issues with adding AD-created Connect users to groups. Rather than try to explain for him, I'll just paste his quote:

"When I create a new user in our AD on 2008 Server I'm presented with the option to add a kerio mailbox for the user. If I check the box to add the user, it creates it just fine in Kerio, immediately, but then you cannot add that user to any groups via the kerio web admin interface. Same thing happens if you're in the kerio web admin interface and choose Add From Directory Service... Kerio admin lists the user as being a member of the group (office) assigned in Active Directory, but when you go to the actual Groups interface that user is not listed.

The only thing that works is to add the user in AD, then add a local user in kerio web admin and choose Kerberos as the auth method."

He is running the latest release of Connect, as well as the latest version of the AD Connector.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Group membership of users in AD can be changed only in the Active Directory. It is not possible to change it in the Kerio Connect administration.
  •  
pilcherr

Can I create a hybrid group that references the email address of a group that I pulled over from AD as well as a second email address that points to a another group of exclusively local to kerio accounts.

Previous Topic: Failed POP3 login from <>
Next Topic: Kerio 7.2Beta 3 Calendar and Contacts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:21:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.