Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2010 crashes with KOFF
  •  
Drew

Send a private message to this user
Outlook 2010 32-bit
Windows 7 Professional
Kerio 7.1.3
KOFF 7.1.3-2461

I've been testing Kerio for about a month on my machine with no problems. Finally got approval to start moving users over, and the first one crashes every time I open Outlook with a KOFF profile. It gets to 'Loading Profile', then gives 'Outlook has stopped working'. Restart and it prompts for safe mode, which works but no Kerio options, etc.

Set it up on 2 different machines with the exact same results. Even tried connecting back to my testing server with the same problem. In the meantime, my machine still works fine.

I've tried everything, new Outlook profiles, reinstalling KOFF from Kerio site, reinstalling KOFF from the server Integration with Windows page, etc. Different Windows users, tried a local Kerio (instead of AD) user, etc.

The error references olmapi32.dll (full event log entry is below). Anyone have any suggestions while I wait to hear from support?

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 14.0.4760.1000, time stamp: 0x4ba8fefd
Faulting module name: olmapi32.dll, version: 14.0.4760.1000, time stamp: 0x4ba8fe34
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x00037f69
Faulting process id: 0x450
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbb727e3968127
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE
Faulting module path: c:\progra~1\micros~3\office14\olmapi32.dll
Report Id: 2d04e777-231b-11e0-84f9-b8ac6f409122
  •  
Drew

Some more info - it works fine for local users. Domain users get the error above. The weird part is that I'm a domain user, but it works on my machine.
  •  
Drew

Just in case it helps someone avoid the mind-numbing frustration I've been having, here's the fix:

I had a GPO setup for Outlook to push a list of trusted senders for the Junk filter. This was a UNC path to a text file (see technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179183.aspx#BKMK_Confi gureJunkFilter for details). I don't know if it was simply the existence of this, or the fact it was a network path, but that was causing the error I was getting. Once I removed that GPO, the profile opens without issue.
  •  
sedell

Thanks for the info. I'm about to start setting up Outlook 2010, including GPOs, in the next week or so. I have no doubt this will save a lot of pain and suffering.

Scott
Previous Topic: Kerio Backup
Next Topic: LDAPS: Schema extensions have not found on LDAP server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 14:05:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00368 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.