Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » ODMR or ATRN with Kerio Connect?
  •  
Screemi

Send a private message to this user
is it possible to use ODMR = ondemand mail relay or ATRN = Authenticated TURN with kerio konnect 7.1.2? i found the follwoing in my mailserver.cfg.

<list name="Odmr">
</list>

it would be great if i could use it. my kerio connect server is on a adsl line with dynamic ips. with odmr my domain hosters mailserver could cache all my mails till my kerio is back online.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 January 2011 23:42]

•  
Screemi

ETRN is for static IPs and the mails geht forwarded via smtp immediately when the mail server in the mx record receives the mail. with odmr/atrn (litterly the same) the mails get hold and relayed as soon as the mailserver, in this case kerio connect, authenticates at the mx mail server and is perfect for dynamic ips. at least that's how i understood it. wiki ODMR and the RFC-Specs.
  •  
Screemi

a now i got it. as soon as i enter user and password the ETRN akts as ATRN.

Which commands are sent to the server?

AUTH
EHLO domain.tld
USER
PW
[b]ATRN[/b]
QUIT

the bold ATRN is the most important part. is that command sent?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

No. ETRN command is sent.

If you have a server with no static IP address (and no MX record) it's better to use simple POP3 download from your ISP server to Kerio Connect.
  •  
Screemi

that's simply not true. pop connectors need mailboxes which they use to store and receive mails. ms and many others recommend pop connectors only for the "transfer time". ATRN/ODMR doesn't use mailboxes and all the sorting is done on the local mail server. it's much more convenient to have only one place where mailboxes have to be maintained. ATRN/ODMR was created especially for cases in which the mailserver doesn't have a static ip and can rely on a mailserver to story the mails while not online.

maybe you should take a look at implementing ATRN/ODMR into Kerio Connect.

Sadly for me it's a dealbraker.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 January 2011 12:36]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

ISPs usually have a catch-all POP3 account for this case. It stores all emails for the whole domain and you can download it to another server (Kerio Connect), which will then sort the messages to user accounts. This is the most popular way of email delivery if your server does not have static or public IP address. Otherwise, direct MX delivery is used. ETRN is usually used only for fetching the messages from backup server.
  •  
Screemi

but the question is how do i do a sorting into the differnt mailboxes on my server after i pulled all the mails via pop3.

that's what i get with X-Envelope-To, Delivered-To and Received as sorting rule in the mail-log and error-log:

Quote:
[22/Jan/2011 17:46:00] Recv: Queue-ID: 4d3b09c8-0000001c, Service: POP3, From: <sxxxx<_at_>googlemail.com>, To: <NULL>, Size: 3902, server pop.myhostersmailserver.de, user myusernameathoster, mailbox {X-Envelope-To}|{Delivered-To}|{Received}
[22/Jan/2011 17:46:00] POP3 download: 1 message (3902 bytes) downloaded from server pop.myhostersmailserver.de, with username myusernameathoster.
[22/Jan/2011 17:46:02] Recv: Queue-ID: 4d3b09ca-0000001d, Service: DSN, From: <>, To: <sxxxx<_at_>googlemail.com>, Size: 4414, Report: failed
[22/Jan/2011 17:46:02] Sent: Queue-ID: 4d3b09c8-0000001c, Recipient: <myusernameathoster<_at_>pop.myhostersmailserver.de>, Result: failed, Status: 5.3.5 Mailbox invalid or does not exist
[22/Jan/2011 17:46:04] Sent: Queue-ID: 4d3b09ca-0000001d, Recipient: <sxxxx<_at_>googlemail.com>, Result: relayed, Status: 2.0.0

Quote:
[22/Jan/2011 17:46:00] mail_pop3c.cpp: No sorting rule complied for mail downloaded from POP3 server pop.myhostersmailserver.de, user myusernameathoster

the only way i got mails in the right folder is to deliver all mails into one mailbox (e.g. info<_at_>domain.tld) and set rules via webmail for each user-acc i can think off. but that's a little bit complicated.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 January 2011 17:56]

Previous Topic: Outlook Error -
Next Topic: Forward message to PHP script or any external program
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 06:44:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00515 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.