Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Follow-me bug
  •  
macinfosys

Send a private message to this user
I played more in the Follow me feature and I found a bug.

Desk IP phone = 105
Softphone = 205
Softphone 2 = 206

In the admin side I check on all 3 and I only get a ring at the first extension 105 and none of the others ring. I check on the user side of the settings and it shows the feature disables. I then check OFF the first extension 105 and save and then the ring on all extension including 105 works like I was wanting it to work. It would be nice to allow for SPECIFIC #'s and extensions to be called that are selected. It would also be nice if we could specify that after it rings the main # (ext 105) that after a set amount of sec. to start ringing the REST of the extensions ALSO. At this point I am perfectly ok with it's current configuration other than fixing the visual check box to show really what is happening on both admin and user side. Also on the admin side the visual indication between forwarding and find me #'s is all the same where as the user interface shows it separately.

Voicemail size would be nice to allow for UP TO 5 or 7 min. as long as we have enough HD space, I don't think it is a big deal to allow for such time. It would be nice to have a default global setting and then allow for the change to take place per extension.

looking forward to BLF SOONER than later. Wink

The Print option works fine via the export. It is just more steps and I was looking for a more streamlined option.

Also I do agree to allow for EITHER phone or computer voice prompt input into the system. usually voice recordings sound better off of a good quality phone more so than a computer.

The automated backup and outside FTP option for the files is a huge need. Please consider this on the next rev.

The Dial by name directory is also a big thing for most of our clients since a lot of users don't always have the extension handy and it really helps for business' that do not have a dedicated operator to route the calls to. I would love to see the ability to have the system read the name from both the default user account and OR a select set of names that is entered for each extension. As an example, my name is "Baback" and it would be nice to allow for the dialer to try and find my as Baback OR Bob since that is also what I go by. In TrixBox we have the ability to input as many names as we like for each extension for the dial by name directory lookup.

Thanks as always.

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

I created a new thread for the find-me/follow-me issue.

Are the extensions 105, 205, 206 assigned to the same user?

Vladimir
  •  
macinfosys

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

This really looks like a bug. Let me ask, is the "ring all checked extensions" mode the best for you? Or would you expect another behavior?

Vladimir
  •  
macinfosys

we actually use the ring ALL feature at other clients including our system and it works GREAT for users with the need to be contacted at multiple locations. basically to be able to ring not only their office line but also their cell phone and other softphone extensions. all at the same time without forcing the caller to wait for a long duration to be FOUND through the follow me feature.

BUT we also have users that like to only have the follow me feature where it dials each line in sequence after a SET (adjustable) time.

One of the things we were also looking for on the first ring ALL feature (bug) is to allow for a time delay from when the main line is ringing to when the REST of the extensions and external numbers ALSO start ringing at the same time. I hope this makes sense.
  •  
macinfosys

An example of our TrixBox setting on a user account:

Follow me list:
105 (pre filled since it is the extension of this particular user)
9495551212 (external phone #)
205 (Other Extensions or Softphone extensions)
206 (Other Extensions or Softphone extensions)

Ring 105 first for: Pull down selection starts from 0 sec to 30 sec.
(This is nice so the user can set a delay if they want the EXTRA lines and phones numbers to ring either immediately or on a delayed time)

Ring Follow me List for: Pull down selection from 5 sec to 60 sec.
(This is very important so you can have the system STOP ringing outside lines like cell phones in time to send caller into PBX voicemail system and not allow for cell phone voicemail system to pick up)

[Updated on: Sat, 29 January 2011 21:03]

Previous Topic: External registration
Next Topic: Forbidden
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 21:23:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00446 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.