Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » AD Mapping (default Email Adress) (How can i change the defaul adress vom a AD User)
  •  
Oliver81

Send a private message to this user
Hi together,

the last week i have installed a SLES 11 Linux System with Kerio 7.1.3.

We have a Windows 2003 Based Active Directory in our Company, and an Exchange Server that will be migrate to kerio if the tests are positive.

Now, iam trying to add Users from AD to kerio. The connection was successfull, but the default Email Adress is "loginname@domain.de", but in our AD the default Email Adress is "surname<_at_>domain.de"

I know, that i have to configure the ads.map File, but all tests i tried give no changes.

Can someone tell me, which attribute i have to map, so that the mailadresses are "surname<_at_>domain.de" ?

If i change the Settings from:

<variable>
<name>MailAddress</name>
<value><attribute>kerio-Mail-Address</attribute></value>
</variable>

to:

<variable>
<name>MailAddress</name>
<value><attribute>sn</attribute></value>
</variable>

an alias for each user will importet with the right mail adress.
There is no way to change the default adress after the import.

How can i configure the ads.map, so that will work ?

The default adress have to be surname<_at_>domain.de.

Thx everyone for help,

best regards from Germany,

Olly
  •  
TorW

kerio-Mail-Address is the field containing the various address aliases for the account. Try changing sAMAccountName to sn instead. sAMAccountName is the AD account name.
  •  
Oliver81

Hi,

if i changed the sAMAccountName to sn in ads.map, no login in webmail is possible.

[21/Mar/2011 11:24:51] HTTP/WebMail: Invalid password for user xxxxxx<_at_>xx.xx. Attempt from IP address 10.11.12.13

I think, the authentication for the ad will only work with sAMAccountName, not with sn.

Does anyone has a solution for me ?

Thx,

Olly
  •  
marook

I'm not sure about AD's, but OD accounts ALWAYS map the first shortname as the default email address - and the only one.
With OD based accounts, you need to add the other emails for a given user in Kerio Admin.

Would be nice if it was adding all shortnames as emails (maybe as an option) and allow us to change the default one...

And note, even if you add more emails, all Calendar action is done on the default email. Invites, replies etc..

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
Previous Topic: Connect from outlook (dyndns)
Next Topic: Sophos Update not working
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 22:36:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.