Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio slow proxy browsing - almost ready to give up grom kerio control
  •  
daywatch

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Really I dont know what else to do, lot of people complaining about slow proxy browsing but nobody know how to fix it and also Kerio suport is not responing on this case.

My setup is Win2003 x32 R2 all updates and Kerio Control. Simple configuration with one WAN and one LAN port (in and out). No proxy caching no antivirus running on server machine, machine is clean cpu usage never goes over 10-15%, its a quad core xeon with 4 GB RAM. Both interfaces are gigabit connected on cisco catalist gigabit switches....ISP speed is 3MB UP and DOWN (sincronus)

So in short when enable proxy in Internet Explorer or Firefox Kerio Control "add" strange and big latency (aroung 600-1300ms), and if i turn it off and set kerio as a "gateway" everything becomes faster (much faster). I know that it shoud be some delay becouse of protocol inspectors but delay this high is not acceptable. Also I tryed to turn Sophos AV scaning and turn inspectors one by one to see will be any faster but without help.

So really if I dont find way to fix this flaw (i am using latest version of Control licened for 130 users) I will need to change proxy product from kerio to TMG or something else. Really SLOW PROXY BROWSING IS NOT GOOD, PROXY BROWSING STACK IS BROKEN BY DESING, any advice, fix or solution before my management give up on kerio.

Kind Regards,
  •  
eramic

Same problem here, almost give up from Connect, proxy browsing is unnaceptable on super fast servers, any fix, any voice from Kerio or very smart users?
  •  
ICT and Me

Why are you using still windows as base to Control?
Install Kerio Control Software Appliance and you will see improvement.
It's not Control who slows down, but MS.

Small license tip:
Your config is Windows 2k8 and Control = 2 different brand license
Just only Kerio Control SA = one brand License.
Come on. That's cheaper. And management will still be the same.
EASY

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
eramic

Yes but I really dont have expirience with apliance.iso installation, exporting or importing configuration (is it same as in windows) and before i do that i need another server to perform base installation, import existing configuration and on when I will transfer licences from Connect for Windows to connect apliance. If its really true what you are saing that MS is slowing kerio, what kerio still seling control for windows if its not working?
  •  
ICT and Me

Kerio is still selling Control to work with Windows, but KCSA is winning even more of his windows variant.
Control works fine with Windows, but the KCSA works better.
MS isn't slowing down Kerio, but windows has to many tasks beside kerio. That's slowing down.

You can export your config through the web admin.
Then install KCSA (really piece of cake) and running the basic setup. After that connect to the web admin and import the config.
Then you it could be that you have to put in the license codes.
It will be registerd as Linux version by Kerio.
No probs.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 February 2011 17:26]

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
eramic

So transfer to linux is the only solution, no problem for me if it will fix proxy browsing, but still need spare server to perform migration Sad What are the HW requirements for Control aplliance (linux)
  •  
  •  
ICT and Me

I will test the proxy setting on the appliance. But most of the time i use on customersites Control as transparent proxy (gateway).

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
eramic

Ok what will i loose or get if i use it as a gatweay insted of proxy, maybe its a stupid question?
I mean pros and cons for gateway and for proxy acces?
  •  
eramic

So still nobody has a answer? Its just slow and thats it?
  •  
ICT and Me

i have tested as promised.
And indeed as Proxy is slow. As gateway there are no problems, but result isn't what it should be.

For the guys of Kerio CZ:
What can we do about this problem?
With NAT/ gateway the ping reply was 170ms
With Proxy it was 755ms
But the reply should be 120ms or lower.
170ms is rather to high.

I'm sure that the system I use is good.
Intel cards, 4 Gb Mem, CPU QC.

This problem is mentioned earlier. Also by me.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
eramic

We all hope kerio will come up with fix?
  •  
giampos

I can confirm, the proxy browsing is very slow !!
I've tested with windows and vmware appliance.
  •  
tdemeza

I completely agree. The slow proxy browsing makes this feature unusable.
giampos

I think this issue come with the 7.x.x. versions.
In the 6.7.x. proxy config is slower than gateway config but acceptable.

The problem isn't windows ! I've tested windows (xp and 2003 server) software appliance and VmWare appliance but the slowness is the same.

The big problem is the latency !! Download speed is good at least the same of gw config, but if you need to browse 20 http different pages....so...the 56kb modem is better !!!

I opened a ticket with tech support, they asked me the cfg files the info.txt and a sysdump of my installation.

I will send theese files, but I do not understand the significance of this request, it's so easy to replicate this issue !!

Someone asked why use proxy config instead gw.....for example because some customers needs another gateway (router) as default, not Kcontrol.

Will be fantastic to hear "kerio" voice.......
Previous Topic: "Host Header" in the publishing rules.
Next Topic: Debug Log Help Required ASAP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Jan 21 07:19:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01660 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.