Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio 7.2 - Bueller, Bueller, anyone??
  •  
owen35

Send a private message to this user
Not to sound like one of those insensitive, attention-deficit ninies who post these kinds of message, but is there ANY updates as to when we can expect this build to be released? It has been 4 months since the first beta went out and there does not appear to be any indication as to when we can expect the final update. And, yes, I know everyone is working very hard and it is a big challenge to put all of the Microsoft pieces together. This post is not a denigration of all the hard work that goes into a release of this type.

I'm a consumer of Kerio Connect and I've been eagerly awaiting this update so that I can switch from the horrendous Entourage to the less horrendous Outlook 2010.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  •  
winkelman

Beta 4 has just been released, so I guess it's going to take a little while longer... perhaps a couple of weeks, then possibly a RC version, etc. Speculate like this and it may take at least a month or two more.
  •  
j.a.duke

I think they'll ship it when it's ready.

There are a few major issues that need to be resolved, particularly with regards to Outlook 2011.

Cheers,
Jon

•  
owen35

Thanks for the replies. It helps.

Obviously, they will ship it when it's ready--and I very much look forward to it. I'll just have to keep the impatience horses at bay.

•  
kossab

when comes the 7.2 update? we need soon this update for our outlook 2011!
  •  
d.

And then there are people that have fleets of iMacs, that have been upgraded to Mac OS X 10.6.5 or 10.6.6, which means iCal auto-complete for Resources (e.g. Rooms, car bookings) don't work.

And all we want is the existing functionality (Pre Mac OS X 10.6.5) to work for our clients, without having to downgrade clients to Mac OS X 10.6.4.

I wish a small Kerio Connect 7.1.x update could just be released, to fix this one MAJOR issue, rather than this update being stuck behind the major Outlook connectivity work.

Cheers,
D.

•  
kossab

Hey Kerio-Team,

what happens... you give us no any timeline... but the outlook 2011 for mac are on the markt since nov 10.. the last Kerio Update ist from 08. Dez.... and today is the 11th Feb...

we need an update!!!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Watch the beta section to get the latest information and beta builds for testing.
  •  
kossab

i have seen the beta section, but i cannot install a beta version on our costumers...

we have new costumers with Macs and we need soon a version that works!!
  •  
winkelman

While I do understand you want the finished product rather sooner then later, I assume you also want the product to be stable and robust. What good would it do to get a buggy version? You have to give Kerio some time to implement, test and fix what must be a reasonably difficult task. I assume Microsoft does not make available full documentation of how to implement this. A couple of months is not that many to code (and test, and..) such a beast.

Besides: wouldn't it have been wise NOT to upgrade client software (Office 2011 in this case) before you have established (and TESTED) everything 'in the chain' works (Kerio Connect in this case)? Don't upgrade your OS, before having tested all your applications work. Don't upgrade your browser, before having tested all your sites/webapps work. Don't upgrade your Office, before having tested... you get it. Doesn't seem to radical to me.

Even if 7.2 is released, it may still contain some bugs that escaped testing, right? Might be sensible to even wait a few more weeks after release, or wait for 7.2.1...

I feel you can't blame Kerio for upgrading to the new Office without testing and simply assuming all would work out fine...
  •  
avvidme

I'm sorry - but I can't side with Kerio on this one. Office 2011 has been in beta since early summer last year. It's been officially released for months. Kerio should have been working on this since last summer. This is a major software application upgrade for the Mac with a lot of publicity.

Kerio has fallen down on this one, and it's obvious - I've received no less than a dozen emails over the past couple months on other NEW product releases from Kerio. It's obviously that they have focused their efforts to these new products before their existing customer base.

As for the one post about not upgrading the client software - please, get with the 2000's. End users will use the devices and software they want to use, and if I.T stands in their way - they will find another way. Outlook = End user productivity, Kerio = Back end I.T. Guess who will win from a business perspective?

My 2 cents. (and a Happy Kerio user looking now for other alternatives, including Google, so that I can just get back to work)
  •  
d.

And we simply want a "fix" to the iCal resource booking that broke with Mac OS X 10.6.5 / 10.6.6.

We did test out general behavour of our systems before rolling out the update. But we didn't think to test every SINGLE little aspect, including resource booking...

And some customers with access, updated to 10.6.5 or 10.6.6 without our knowledge.

So, we don't need the Outlook 2011 compatibility yet... Just the 10.6.5 / 10.6.6 compatibility fixed...

Cheers,
D.

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

avvidme wrote on Tue, 15 February 2011 03:25
Office 2011 has been in beta since early summer last year.

As was stated in many previous topics, Microsoft did not allow us to get hands on beta version. Sad, but true.
  •  
avvidme

The Beta was available for download microsoft.com/mac last fall for quite some time.

This is where I got my beta copy.
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

Access to beta versions were by invitation only.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
Previous Topic: Kerio and Thunderbird LDAP
Next Topic: editing public calendar properties?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:18:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00577 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.