Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Changing public folders location (Changing public folders location)
  •  
mlerley

Send a private message to this user
What is the correct procedure for changing from "unique for each domain" to "global" public folders?

I have a client with multiple domains. They have been running for some time with a single domain setup with unique public folders but now we're adding a second domain that shares some of the users. I want to keep the existing public folders and convert the system to use global folders so users from both domains can use the same folders.

I tried changing the setting to global, but all that did was make the current folders disappear and start generating emails every 30 seconds on all Outlook connector clients saying "Public folders were probably changed from global to domain or vice versa. Run your profile's configuration again, please." After changing the setting back, the messages are still occurring. Not sure how to make that stop, either... and the natives are not happy.

Thoughts? Thanks.
  •  
kosweigart

Any success with this?
  •  
mlerley

No; in fact until I saw your post I had forgotten about it. Evidently my client hasn't noticed yet. Not sure if that's good or bad. Regardless, it's still an issue and I'd love to see some information about it from the Kerio folks. Helloooooooo....
  •  
kosweigart

We had a power outage/lightning storm that must have caused corruption. After a second round of support via ticket/calls, got the answer that solved the problem.

We were to stop Kerio Connect then remove ___keriomapi__store from the #public folder. Then, start Kerio Connect.

On the client computer, clear the cache from the Mail Control Panel.

May not be the exact item you see, but solved ours.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 April 2011 01:54]

•  
mlerley

Ahh.. interesting. Thanks a lot; I'll try that as soon as I can!
  •  
dk

We're having a similar problem, did this work for you mlerley?
  •  
mlerley

I think so. I honestly don't remember but nobody has complained so I guess it's working they way they want it to. Sorry I can't be more help; I know how frustrating this is.
  •  
Vicky

The steps for this are in the Kerio knowledge base.

http://kb.kerio.com/720

[Updated on: Wed, 07 November 2012 12:42]

Previous Topic: Differences when using multiple devices for account
Next Topic: Issue with an Alias
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 18:45:32 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00489 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.