Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » performance issues: outlook and iphone (performance issues: outlook and iphone)
  •  
conviator

Send a private message to this user
hi

we tried to move a customer and our own domain to kerio connect - its a version 7.1.3 build 2461

The customer we had to move away again the next day - his iphone went dead every few hours from battery use. I check the stats in the admin. He was doing 300.000 active sync logins in less than a day and compared this to my own usage on a HTC android - 4000 connections in total for the days I was using Kerio.

so iphone users is a no-go?

from my own use of kerio Im also seeing a lot of isses with performance - at least related to the way I work. I have two computers running outlook 2007 and outlook 2010. Im not a big user of a lot of subfolders because using outlook with Exchange at least gave me very fast searching - so instead of sorting every thing i different folders so it would be easy to find manually I just came to rely on search speed to find everything I needed.

I have around 10GB of mails.

But with Kerio this is a no go also? I can search ONE folder - slow, and often with poor results (not finding the mails I know are there). If its not in the correct folder I would normaly search "all folders" - this is a complete no-go. Often I simply get an error and if not never a result.
And changing to a big folder like my "send mail" can stall Outlook now - never a problem before.

Im using the offline plugin.

Is this normal/expected from Kerio?
  •  
bigmountain

iPhone - I probably host service for about 300 users who have the iPhone. I also have an iPhone. I do not experience this issue.

Outlook - right click on the account name in your folder list, go to properties and then to folder synchronization. Make sure you select to download the entire message and to include all sub-folders. This will help with performance.

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
conviator

hi

im also suprised to see this, but what to do - this is what I see Smile The stats I have from Kerio it self. So what might be wrong in the setup? Is it a setting the client somehow mistyped or I did in the admin?

about outlook. I think this is the standard setting - anyway, I checked and this is how my inbox and subfolders are setup. Not only is it slow - it also does not find the correct results. I have one folder full of mails from "inter-data.dk". If I place myself in this folder and enter the search line "inter-data.dk" I find NO emails. If I enter "inter-data" I find ONE email and if I enter "jakob" who is one of ther inter-data people I wrote a lot to I actually find a lot of emails - just not as many as I would think (especially since half of what I find by this search is other emails from other people named jakob Smile )

it seams like its not looking to much on the body of the email when searching anymore - adv. search where I force some settings is working. But is this in any way controlled by the plugin or where?
  •  
Kowalchuk

i think this is the standard setting - anyway, I checked and this is how my inbox and subfolders are setup. Not only is it slow - it also does not find the correct results.
  •  
undertake

conviator wrote on Mon, 07 February 2011 13:30
hi

im also suprised to see this, but what to do - this is what I see Smile The stats I have from Kerio it self. So what might be wrong in the setup? Is it a setting the client somehow mistyped or I did in the admin?

about outlook. I think this is the standard setting - anyway, I checked and this is how my inbox and subfolders are setup. Not only is it slow - it also does not find the correct results. I have one folder full of mails from "inter-data.dk". If I place myself in this folder and enter the search line "inter-data.dk" I find NO emails. If I enter "inter-data" I find ONE email and if I enter "jakob" who is one of ther inter-data people I wrote a lot to I actually find a lot of emails - just not as many as I would think (especially since half of what I find by this search is other emails from other people named jakob Smile )

it seams like its not looking to much on the body of the email when searching anymore - adv. search where I force some settings is working. But is this in any way controlled by the plugin or where?

Outlook - right click on the account name in your folder list, go to properties and then to folder synchronization. Make sure you select to download the entire message and to include all sub-folders. This will help with performance.
Previous Topic: tls/ssl outbound SMTP problems
Next Topic: Migration from Ms Exchange 2007 (on SBS2008)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 09:47:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00473 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.