Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Forwarding outbound email from a single user
  •  
dexterb

Send a private message to this user
In this scenario we have a Microsoft Outlook user with KOffline Connector that needs to have all inbound and outbound emails forwarded to another user's email address. I want this setting enabled for both webmail and KOfflineConnector.

I have changed the user settings to successfully forward to a specific address, but that only handles INBOUND messages.

The rule setting in webmail doesn't accomplish what I describe. And I don't want to fool around with Outlook rules at the user level.

Is there a way in Kerio to forward OUTBOUND (sent) items to another user's email address?
  •  
fearozz

Just create a special account, and do the settings in Kerio Console to archive (see the Archive and Backup section) inbound and ouubound mails to this special account.
Works great, and without setting any special rules to remember for each new regular account... It works globally.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 February 2011 19:32]

•  
dexterb

Quote:
Just create a special account, and do the settings in Kerio Console to archive (see the Archive and Backup section) inbound and ouubound mails to this special account.

But doesn't that mean emails from ALL users get archived to that special email address?
  •  
fearozz

Yes, from all users.
But you've just to create server side rules on the archive user to delete inboud/outboud e-mails not related to the desired user.
A bit tricky but it works Smile
  •  
dexterb

Well I made it work, but without server side rules since I don't have access to the user's Outlook as described in http://manuals.kerio.com/connect/userguide/en/sect-koffrules .html

Instead I archived to a gmail account, then I created a gmail filter to forward email created by that specific user to the other user's account. A kludge to be sure, but it gets the job done (plus it fills up my gmail account in no time!).

Thanks for your suggestion!!

Kerio support tells me outbound emails cannot be forwarded presently, but they have added the request to the developers.
  •  
fearozz

If you haven't access to the rules via Outlook Connector (strange...), you can still define them via the Webmail, that will give you the same result.
  •  
d.

Login to the person's webmail, and set a filter in place there, to deliver a copy of each message to the address of your choice.

Very easy, very effective!

•  
dexterb

dy-e wrote on Wed, 09 February 2011 21:57
Login to the person's webmail, and set a filter in place there, to deliver a copy of each message to the address of your choice.

Very easy, very effective!

Setting a filter in webmail only forwards inbound emails, not email that user sends out.
  •  
d.

Hi there. Ah yes, good point.

What if you go into Kerio Webmail for the user, and right-click on the specific Sent mailbox, and allocate Access Rights to another user? Then the 'other user' has access to the Sent messages that way?

Cheers,
D.

•  
dexterb

dy-e wrote on Thu, 10 February 2011 18:06
Hi there. Ah yes, good point.

What if you go into Kerio Webmail for the user, and right-click on the specific Sent mailbox, and allocate Access Rights to another user? Then the 'other user' has access to the Sent messages that way?

Cheers,
D.

Perhaps...I've never used that approach. Can you elaborate? If I assign rights then how would the 'other user' gain access via the assigned rights?
  •  
d.

Hi there.

There are various ways to access the files, but you start by allocating access from within Webmail.

Then, for example, you can 'subscribe' to the shared folders, provided that you have allocated access to that user. (For example, you can login to the 2nd account's webmail, and subscribe to the folder from Kerio web mail).

The Kerio online manual has more info. But start by "subscribing" to the folder, so that the 2nd user actually has been granted access from their end too.

Cheers,
D.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2011 00:18]

Previous Topic: Connect 7.1.3
Next Topic: server hangs on full backup
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 10:35:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00484 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.