Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Voicemail
  •  
alainrussell

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
We're testing Operator and having an issue with the Kerio Connect voicemail integration - errors showing as below:

[07/Feb/2011 05:55:18] Feb 7 17:55:18 kerio asterisk[4498]: ERROR[4519]: app_voicemail_imap.c:4828 in init_mailstream: Can't connect to imap server {mx1.blackpepper.net.nz:143/imap/novalidate-cert/user=user<_at_ >domain.co.nz}INBOX
[07/Feb/2011 05:55:18] Feb 7 17:55:18 kerio asterisk[4498]: ERROR[4519]: app_voicemail_imap.c:2486 in messagecount: IMAP mailstream is NULL
[07/Feb/2011 05:55:18] Feb 7 17:55:18 kerio asterisk[4498]: ERROR[4519]: app_voicemail_imap.c:8779 in mm_log: IMAP Error: Login aborted

(Email address masked .. )

Can you let me know where to look to fix this, IMAP is running in both modes (port 143 & 993), the user setup is a full server admin (can this be domain admin only?) - I've tried different admin users but can't seem to get the error to stop ..

Thanks
Alain
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi Alain,

What is your Connect version? Can you send me your "Support information" file (in Status > System Health) from Operator and the relevant portion from your Connect security log?

Vladimir
  •  
alainrussell

Thanks, have PM'd details.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

It seems you have enabled voicemail/e-mail integration but did not do the initial handshake. This is a known issue in 1.0.0, the admin interface should force you to do the handshake.

During handshake, Operator will connect to Connect's API over HTTPS and create a special account for IMAP/TLS access.

Vladimir
  •  
alainrussell

Ok, thanks - Can I force it to handshake now, or do I need to wait for the next version? Is this fixed in 1.0.1?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Yes, you can do the handshake. Just choose the option "Integrate with Kerio Connect" and click the button "Configure" next to the field. The fix in 1.0.1 will ensure that people cannot save the "Integrate..." option without going through the handshake wizard.

Vladimir
  •  
macinfosys

We have Connect 7.2 b4 installed and when I try to setup the integration it fails with error: Handshake with Kerio Connect failed. See the warning log for details.

this is in the Operator warning log:
[09/Feb/2011 23:24:23] Canot login to Kerio Connect. Cookie or KWAT empty.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Just to be sure, we will check whether the integration in Connect's b4 is working well.

Vladimir
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Handshake with Connect 7.2 b4 works well. But we obviously need to improve the warning message. If Operator does not get the cookie during handshake, it means that either the username or password is not correct. You need to enter the credentials of a user who has administration privileges on Connect. Typically, the user name is "Admin<_at_>localhost".

Vladimir
  •  
macinfosys

Well I was able to set it up after using the primary admin account BUT now I am getting these errors in my Operator and Connect logs.

CONNECT ERROR:
[13/Feb/2011 09:28:19] Failed IMAP login from ip68-4-175-215.oc.oc.cox.net, user baback<_at_>macinfosys.com
[13/Feb/2011 09:28:19] IMAP: User OperatorAdmin_8D36BEE3-2CFA-4B2<_at_>macinfosys.com doesn't exist. Attempt from IP address

OPERATOR ERROR:
[13/Feb/2011 18:35:23] Feb 13 18:35:23 kerio asterisk[26834]: ERROR[26854]: app_voicemail_imap.c:8779 in mm_log: IMAP Error: Too many login failures
[13/Feb/2011 18:35:23] Feb 13 18:35:23 kerio asterisk[26834]: ERROR[26854]: app_voicemail_imap.c:2486 in messagecount: IMAP mailstream is NULL

This is ongoing on both servers.
  •  
Jakub Zeman (Kerio)

Hi.

It looks like the handshake wasn't successfull.

Could you please do the handshake with Kerio Connect once more. If it won't work send us please supportinfo and logs from Operator and Connect.

Jakub

Previous Topic: Platforms and FXO
Next Topic: Using linksys spa3102
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 06:59:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00521 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.