Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » how to check that backup is working correctly?
  •  
frum1ous

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
a full backup of our server data takes up 16GB. However, when I look at where Kerio stores its data, it's closer to 27GB. OK, I suppose that's because the backup is zip-compressed.

But, in any case, how can I check that the backup is in fact working correctly? Should I just install the Kerio Connect installer as a demo, and see if it takes the backup files?
Any other ideas?

(We're still running Kerio Mailserver 6.7.0 on Mac OS X 10.4.11, and I want to make sure I have a working backup before upgrading. I've also cloned the startup disk to another partition to be sure.)
  •  
matti763

Send a private message to this user
Install Kerio Connect trial to another computer and then use kmsrecover tool to run full restore over it. This test does not mess your production environment or backups.
Previous Topic: Kerio WebMail and IIS hosting at the same time.
Next Topic: CPU Load Kerio Mac Pro server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 02:18:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00393 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.