Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KIMT: Issues on Linux?
  •  
nicholassmith

Send a private message to this user
Hi all, I've been fighting with the KIMT for a while now but I've pretty much ended up banging my head off a brick wall, however I've come across a weird issue. I've got the tool running on three platforms (Win, OS X, Linux), and it works on Win and OS X but the Linux version keeps throwing up a 'Connection to Kerio Connect failed. Please check the typed hostname and try to connect again'.

Now that could be down to a number of things, but I'm trying to run it *on* the server through a VNC session and using localhost as the server name, so it can't be getting blocked by the firewall, and when I try it on OS X it's fine, and when I try it on Windows it's fine.

Anyone else run across this or have I just got incredibly unlucky?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Have you tried to use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost? It is possible that the system is trying to connect to IPv6 loopback address.
  •  
nicholassmith

I was actually just coming back to edit my message, it was due to me using a script to start it at vncserver start (none of our Linux boxes are 'traditional' desktops), and using /home/usr/kimt/kimt rather than using ./kimt in the folder, a quick tweak and it works now. My bad, couldn't see the forest for the trees.

Previous Topic: Resize Centos VM
Next Topic: Config for New Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 06:44:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.