Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2010: KOFF + Exchange account broken?
  •  
schwifty

Send a private message to this user
Is it possible to set up a profile in Outlook 2010 with KOFF, then add a separate Exchange account to the same profile? We are running into problems in my org when attempting this:

For example, if you set up an Exchange account AND a Kerio/KOFF account in Outlook 2010, Outlook does not know how to properly route or store composed mail. If you choose the KOC as the "From" account in a new message, the message will still be sent through the Exchange account, and stored in the Exchange account's PST.

In an effort to choose which account should be doing the replying to any given message, Outlook apparently distinguishes mail not by accounts or headers, but by which PST the message resides on. Because it is unable to recognize the KOFF OST as a valid PST it simply dumps new outgoing messages into the PST it DOES understand, namely the other Exchange account's. This means that if an Exchange and a KOFF account are set up in Outlook, Outlook will use the Exchange account for sending and the Exchange PST for storing mail.

Has anyone else had experience using KOFF and Exchange in the same Outlook profile?
  •  
sebe

Yes I have just tried the same and came across your post online.

I am using windows 7 and outlook 2013.

Most annoying as now I need to have two profiles to switch between accounts.

Kerio please sort this out!
  •  
Puzzle

We encounter the exact same issue.
We tried Outlook 2007 as well as Outlook 2010.
The Kerio Outlook Connector Version is 8.4.2

Has anyone found a solution yet?
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

It had been really difficult (even impossible) to use KOFF and Exchange account in single profile, as both KOFF and Exchange required to run as primary account.

Nevertheless KOFF can run as secundary account quite well now and there shouldn't be any issue when KOFF is added as secondary account to the profile with Exchange account. The only known issue is that you need to restart Outlook one more time to make KOFF work correctly as secondary account.

If you use KOFF 8.4.2 and mails from KOFF are sent by Exchange, it is a bug. It should be sent by KOFF and put to Sent Items folder of KOFF account. I recommend to report it to Kerio Tech Support.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
Previous Topic: Yosemite, Mail update and EAS
Next Topic: Duplicate contact
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Mar 01 18:50:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00839 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.